Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2021, 10:56 PM   #1

Thumbs Up RPS Magician tires

After getting my magician; went riding with some family members. We live in south Florida and a our trails are deep sugar sand. I was having a super hard time, but it was somewhat manageable when I got the hang of it.
I thought maybe I would try some knobby tires, but was having a super hard time finding anything to fit the magician wheel sizes. I ordered some random knobby for the back that was 90/100r16 and a shinko 244 2.75r19 for the front
Mistake. After getting the tires I realized they were absolutely tiny. The shinko looked like a bicycle wheel, and the rear wheel diameter for super small. I fitted em up anyways and took it back to the trails. I went down 4 times in the 1st 5 minutes. No control at all. Back to the drawing board.
So after looking into a bunch of options like re-spoking the hub to a 17” rim; I found the Kenda “Big Block”s. I ordered a set. They are tubeless tires but I’m running a tube in them. The sizes I got were 120/70r19 for the front and 140/90b16 for the rear. Being tubeless, they were super hard to stretch on, but I finally got them on without cutting the tubes. Took it riding; wow!! Night and day difference. This is all I will put on here from here on out. Great on the street, dirt, and In the sand. And it honestly feels like it runs better, like it has the right amount of load on it now. I wanted to share this because I scoured these forums for a good set of magician tires, and I was feeling pretty hopeless. Hopefully this saves others a headache. Im 5’11” and the magician felt really small to me before but these tires actually brought the height up to the point where I’m almost on my tip-toes standing upright. The only modification I had to make was remove the little mud flap in front of the rear tire. It’s a snug fit, but doesn’t contact the swing arm, even with a heavy load. Super happy with them. And very excited.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg BC67974A-D72E-462E-A854-20F18E652FB6.jpeg (51.3 KB, 298 views)

Old 05-04-2021, 01:15 AM   #2

Tires make a massive difference.

Old 05-04-2021, 06:43 AM   #3

Those are some big tires! They look good.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 05-05-2021, 11:10 AM   #4

OEM tires on my 2020 Bashan Storm are dual sport. They are not that bad, but when the dirt gets too uneven or chunky, the front end goes out left or right pretty easy. I stand up and pay attention, and that helps, but I will eventually get something in a knobby.

I found Shinko 244 compatible dual sport tires, but they seem more like a knobby than the tires I got on the bike (look like "adventure tour" type tires). The rear Shinko 244 is a 5.10-17. It seems to be pretty wide/big. Has anyone installed one of these?

The corresponding front tire is the 2.75-19 you got and DIN'T like. Kenda Big Blocks. Will look into it.

Old 05-07-2021, 01:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorman View Post
After getting my magician; went riding with some family members. We live in south Florida and a our trails are deep sugar sand. I was having a super hard time, but it was somewhat manageable when I got the hang of it.
I thought maybe I would try some knobby tires, but was having a super hard time finding anything to fit the magician wheel sizes. I ordered some random knobby for the back that was 90/100r16 and a shinko 244 2.75r19 for the front
Mistake. After getting the tires I realized they were absolutely tiny. The shinko looked like a bicycle wheel, and the rear wheel diameter for super small. I fitted em up anyways and took it back to the trails. I went down 4 times in the 1st 5 minutes. No control at all. Back to the drawing board.
So after looking into a bunch of options like re-spoking the hub to a 17” rim; I found the Kenda “Big Block”s. I ordered a set. They are tubeless tires but I’m running a tube in them. The sizes I got were 120/70r19 for the front and 140/90b16 for the rear. Being tubeless, they were super hard to stretch on, but I finally got them on without cutting the tubes. Took it riding; wow!! Night and day difference. This is all I will put on here from here on out. Great on the street, dirt, and In the sand. And it honestly feels like it runs better, like it has the right amount of load on it now. I wanted to share this because I scoured these forums for a good set of magician tires, and I was feeling pretty hopeless. Hopefully this saves others a headache. Im 5’11” and the magician felt really small to me before but these tires actually brought the height up to the point where I’m almost on my tip-toes standing upright. The only modification I had to make was remove the little mud flap in front of the rear tire. It’s a snug fit, but doesn’t contact the swing arm, even with a heavy load. Super happy with them. And very excited.
How are you liking the Magician? I’m considering picking one up if I find one in stock somewhere.

Tags
magician, rps magician, sand, tires, wheels