Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #1

Hello, first timer with a Magician 250

24 y/o in Virginia who got a Magician about a month ago. I assembled it and rode it around some and that was my first experience ever working on or even riding a motorcycle. Got my license soon after and have been riding it around a lot recently. I really like my bike and have taken it off road twice, although the most recent excursion didn't end so well.

The only upgrade I have installed is the Mikuni carb which resolved the throttle play issue I was having. I have a 17T front sprocket and am waiting on a new chain to install both at the same time. The speedometer did break on me 20 miles after riding it but a quick warranty claim and I got a new front speedometer hub. And I didn't have the 2 nuts holding the stock carb loctited and they came loose stranding me close to work one day.

Still I really like the bike and hope to improve upon it ever so slightly over time. So hopefully I can find answers to any questions i may have on these here forums.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:21 AM   #2

Congratulations and welcome. Getting your first bike is an experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life. You also get high points for working on it yourself right from the start. It’s bonds you with the bike.
Ride safe and have fun.

Old 07-12-2018, 08:43 AM   #3

Welcome to the world of 2 wheeled fun!

Old 07-12-2018, 08:56 AM   #4

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the Magician. I know it's not a Hawk but if you read threw Megadan thread he has a good bit of information in that thread that will also apply to the Magician.

Hawk Information and Resource guide: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=20331
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 07-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #5

Welcome! I'd love to see pics of your new Magician.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #6

where did you get your 17T front sprocket and chain? I just got my magician and I would like to change the front or rear or both sprockets. Can you let me know how hard it is to change them out?
Thanks

Old 07-15-2018, 10:22 AM   #7

Welcome. I'm glad to see another Magician guy on the forums and happy to to see your not scared to wrench. Your experiences with this bike will be valuable to future Magician riders, there is not a ton of stuff coming out right now dealing with the bike.

I ride a Storm and have been trying to help people cut there teeth on this bike, the Hawk rules the forum and most of the Chinese Import game but these bikes are starting to gather a following.

2017 Bashan Storm
Keihen PZ30 Pumper Carb,115 main jet,35 pilot jet, gutted factory exhaust, Sambo Digital Speedometer,LED blinkers, H4 headlight,D.I.D X-ring chain 428,17/42 sprockets,UNI cone filter.

Old 07-16-2018, 11:54 PM   #8

Welcome!

Greetings and welcome to the forum! What dealership did you buy your Magician from? Hopefully, as more people buy the Magician, more parts and mods will be available. Keep us posted on your adventures!

Be safe out there!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM   #9

Just got my 17t on last night. Took a bit of persuasion to get the chain guard back on but everything's together and nothing's rubbing. I could not fit the stock chain back on so I did get a new 130 link chain and removed 2 links (which I thought the stock chain was also 128, but I didn't actually count and went by another forum post) but will probably upgrade to an even better chain in the future. I don't feel the need to change the rear sprocket, the front has made cruising at higher speeds much more pleasant.

The speedometer started acting wonky and moving up when I speed up but real jumpy. As I stated before it just quit out on me. Either way I have plans ton try and abandon the stock gauge cluster and speedo cable which I will keep you all posted on when the parts arrive for that, don't want to get any other magician owners hopes up if it doesn't pan out.

Pictures will be coming soon, for some reason I can't upload them off my phone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180716_193558.jpg (91.0 KB, 299 views)

Old 07-17-2018, 10:42 AM   #10

Well I guess the picture actually did upload afterall. I wanted it in black but Txpowersports only had it in red or blue. No complaints about TX though, my first warranty part claim was quick and easy to get a replacement speedometer hub. I did take all the stickers off EXCEPT the made in China one, I rock that one with pride. I may end up painting red bit's but I'm not sure if I will go black as I kind of want to maintain some extra visibility on the bike.