Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2011, 02:07 AM   #16

My best guess would be that they are or were sample bikes sent to Konker before Konker went bankrupt, maybe they were acquired in an auction? I think that because of the headlight shroud, but that is only a guess. If that is the case they may not have a warranty, most of the manufactures void the warranty for inventory that is liquidated by their distribution agents. That makes sense because how can they process a warranty claim without an agent?

JP may have an eye on auctions…they do sell more used then new motorcycles. They may have good connections to auctions, but they have no likely contact with the manufacturer and there likely is no distributors behind those.

They are or seem to be orphans, probably with no support for any parts at all and no valid factory warranty. Without those yeah the price is high….you will have to be your own parts support or you could use Pitster Pro out of Canada for any propitiatory parts you might need. So that depreciates the value allot.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #17

well, here in australia you pay more for these things, so i can t comment on pricing.

however, i d get the 400cc XR and then also the 250 pitster sm. :-) not that the liger looks that bad, but nothing compared to the other two.

what is a liger? hint: "Ligers exist only in captivity because the habitats of the parental species do not overlap in the wild." it is an imaginative but somewhat odd model name IMHO. i guess they tried "croaker" or "clonker" and found that some company had used it...

at any rate, i d test and buy the hon, and test ride the other two. looking around and test riding is half the fun.