Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Hawk registered /South Carolina

No Issues in South Carolina! 10 min. Out the door.

Old 03-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79elco View Post
No Issues in South Carolina! 10 min. Out the door.
you beat me. I'm still waiting to hear from the DMV for an appointment with them to research my bike.

Old 03-28-2016, 02:03 PM   #3

Thumbs Down

Sorry to hear. No research needed in SC. Just tax, tax again, title fee, tag fee. $130.00 later....

Old 03-28-2016, 08:18 PM   #4

Registaration x2! SC

Green Hawk...now known as "jolly"( as in Green Giant) registered first...Black bike later in the day cruised thru the registration process without a hitch....Good luck everyone who is waiting.!

Old 03-29-2016, 12:48 AM   #5

Congratulations!

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-02-2016, 10:38 PM   #6

Where did you reg at in SC?I have had hell reg jap bikes from outside SC.I'm scared to do a Hawk and Magician.I'm in Spartanburg BTW.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:23 AM   #7

Those motorcycles both have EPA certificates for Off Road use, seems that there are allot of states that do not check or care about the federal regulations? They likely just check the VIN on the bike against the VIN on the MSO, they typically have a list of documents, proof of personal identification and a form to fill out, most are more interested in the taxes than anything else.
Insurance companies do not check either.
The bikes all have horns, turn signals and proper lights. Their emissions are probably not remarkably different then the certified street legal versions.
That does not mean that you can always get them registered with a street plate. If they say NO you have an off road only vehicle.
Some states may allow conversions of off-road to street bikes, they check for a horn turn signal headlight…
http://www.motosport.com/blog/how-to...e-street-legal
the article simply choses to ignore emission limits, there are two categories off and on highway.
Manufactures apply a decal to the frame typically, it states the vehicle meets or exceeds the FMVSS. There are other things they need to do, to meet the NHSTA administrations regulations none seem that arduous or expensive to abide by. Others are meeting the regulations.
The emissions are just a different track, why send what is obviously a dual sport through OFF road only? Add some cheap emissions controls and tune them to the limits, many of the people just remove the controls and tune the bikes however some do not bother.
Somebody is going to get stuck with a street bike they cannot ride on the road, that is not nice is it!
If that happens it seem that Vermont may be willing to offer a work around?