Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #1

Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks, 2010

The late September weather was beautiful, so I decided to ride my Zong east to Wyoming, and visit two national parks. Instead of riding the pavement eastward, I decided to take a more direct, scenic route. Riding the gravel roads across the Fort Hall Indian Reservation, I enjoyed the opportunity of visiting the Blackfoot Reservoir. Heading eastward from Fort Hall, I left behind the familiar mountains of the Portneuf Valley.

Riding farther, I soon reached the Blackfoot River, flowing westward from the reservoir.

Continuing my ride along the Blackfoot River, I spotted a favorite overlook sitting on the northern horizon. I paused to stretch my legs, and took a photograph of the rock outcropping.

Here’s a photograph I took on an earlier ride. My good friend, Andy, is resting on the rock outcropping shown above, enjoying the panorama of the Blackfoot River to the south.

Admiring the wide-open range to the east, I took another photograph before I resumed my journey.

Getting closer to the reservoir, I detoured to visit a favorite spot overlooking the canyon of the Blackfoot River.

Riding a few miles farther east, I reached the northern end of the Blackfoot Reservoir. I paused to enjoy the view, and stretch my legs.

Reaching a fork in the gravel road, I headed southward, along the eastern edge of the lake.

Stopping at another favorite spot, I captured a few more photographs.

Enjoying the beautiful weather, I paused frequently to admire the views.

With lots of daylight remaining, I continued riding along the eastern arm of the reservoir.

Nearing the pavement north of Henry, Idaho, I snapped a few more photographs before I departed the lake.

Riding the asphalt eastward, I crossed the Wyoming border at Freedom, Idaho. Reaching the junction with U.S. Route 89, I would encounter higher speed limits and heavier traffic as I rode to Jackson.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894