Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2020, 10:22 PM   #1

Bashan MotoMax200 BS200gy-9

Hey Guys,

Just picked up a 2014 Bashan MotoMax20 BS200gy-9.

Got it running. Need to figure out the rear brake lever (it is off at the moment).

Major problem is the headlight, turn signals and speedo indicator lights aren't working. And the Speedo is metric (which will need to be replaced). Also, the bright light indicator is always blinking.

Can't find a missing ground, all connectors are connected. No fuses blown (that I've found).

The rear brake light works and the daytime running light works.

Is the wiring diagram for a Hawk similar?

Their is the thing under the seat called a Special for LED box that connects to the rear turn signals and tail light. No clue what this is, but it also looks like it has a lead for a remote start possibly?

Anybody out there got any info on these bikes. I know it's a Lifan engine and it seems to run pretty well (around the yard). Haven't even touched the carb yet.

Old 08-11-2020, 02:11 PM   #2

I would start with Peace Motorsports who currently import and distribute the 2020 Bashan Motomax 250. As we know with Chinese bikes, sometimes similar names are the same bikes under the skin, or completely different. But, I would start with them.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #3

Weird electrical stuff. Got the headlight to come on, just unplugging and plugging stuff back in. Left turn signal turns on (doesn't blink) when the brights are on and in the right position. Thought it might be the wrong magneto, but it's a 5 pin, same as the wiring harness.

Might go ahead and order a new wiring harness.

I've emailed Peace, waiting to hear back from them.

Other than the electrical and missing rear brake pedal parts, it sounds great.

Old 08-12-2020, 04:56 AM   #4

Strip loom as they have horrid methods to join n connect wires - fix poor joint and retape up.

Old 08-13-2020, 08:59 PM   #5

Any clue what this is? Is it supposed to be touching? There was a cap over it and it is not touching, but looks like it should be (hard to see in the pic). So far all the splits and such look good. Grounds look good. Could probably stand some solder on them but they are stuck together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bashan wiring harness.jpg (95.5 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg Bashan wiring harness2.jpg (96.6 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg Bashan wiring harness3.jpg (85.3 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by oincman; 08-13-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Old 08-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #6

The pink wire goes to the starter solenoid and the green/red goes down to the stator, as a separate wire, but can't see where in the case it's going. The green/red is right along side the stator wire connector.

None of the grounds look bad and none of the other wire splits look bad or had loose wires.

Turn signals didn't work. Headlight didn't work. DRL's worked and rear brake light worked and electric start worked.

Unplugged stuff and plugged back in. Cluster lights would sometimes work. The bright indicator was flashing. No neutral light.

The left turn signal would light up when the brights were on, and the switch was in the right position, and the right dash indicator would light up. But the lights did not flash. Couldn't get the horn to work at all or the right side turn signals.

However, if I applied 12v directly to all these devices, they lit up (and horn worked) with the exception of the left rear turn signal which is dead (and I have a replacement). And I did verify the headlight is good.

Old 08-14-2020, 08:29 PM   #7

And Peace Motorsports SUCKS at responding to emails. At least their parts department does.

And not a single word from the tech dept which my first email was supposedly sent to.

On the bright side, got the signals working. Still no headlight or horn now.

Old 08-18-2020, 10:22 PM   #8

Still no word from Peace Motorsports. Oh well. Got the wiring situation resolved and now have all electrics working and a mighty finely wrapped wiring harness (gotta fix that clutch diode still).

Cut out the cat this evening, got it welded back up (I'm no welder either) but it looks decent enough (I cut behind the cat so you can't really see my crappy welding).

Installed the Mikuni carb, put in a 105 jet and set the needle to 4 down (rich). Waiting on some pilot jets. But as it is, it runs pretty decent.

Got the rear brakes working.

Not near as impressed with the quality of this bike compared to my Lifan's. And sure as hell wouldn't pay $3K for a Brozz (just my .02).

As for Peace. Well, they won't get any of my business.