Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2019, 03:38 AM   #1

Killermotorsports - sends damaged refurbs as new then blames the customer

This is another place to stay away from.

Old 10-04-2019, 08:01 AM   #2

Sorry to hear. At one time they were a good dealer. Bought my 1st Chinese ATV from them and handled a damage claim very quickly. Had a headlight that was broke before it was boxed up as the box had zero damage. They were bought out a while back and things have changed to the worst.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #3

Is killermotors owned by Manny or affiliated with txpowersports?
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-04-2019, 01:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Not sure who owns it now. From 2014-2017 the owner had an actual shop with mechanics in Texas and were very helpful. Note the great reviews on there website are from 2015 while these owners had it. After it was sold they became a drop shipper and things went down hill.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 10-04-2019, 07:46 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot newb View Post
This is another place to stay away from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedooit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Not sure who owns it now. From 2014-2017 the owner had an actual shop with mechanics in Texas and were very helpful. Note the great reviews on there website are from 2015 while these owners had it. After it was sold they became a drop shipper and things went down hill.
This does seem to have 'Manny' all over it! I wonder if Azhule knows if there is an affiliation or not?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-20-2019, 02:24 AM   #6

Crap I just purchased my New Hawk from them. I hope I don’t have any problems. I know that they are part of Superior that’s who has sent me emails about my credit card purchase.

Old 10-20-2019, 08:25 PM   #7

How many if these are Chinese run? I mean top boss etc?
I don’t get why guys bother as it seems hit n miss even before you get a bike, then bike builds n stuff to get em kinda right then up keep etc

Old 10-20-2019, 08:48 PM   #8

This place responded to the problems and have since given me a tracking number for replacement parts. More on that in a bit.

They are better than FamilyGoKarts on customer service, I mean they at least responded.

The problems with the bike seem minor but lead me to believe it's been refurbished.

The rivets on the rear fender that hold a plate, one was missing. The hole in the motor where the drain bolt goes was fucked. I removed the bolt to drain the shipping oil and out came 2 threads and not from the bolt. Killermotorsports said they would send out out half of a motor case. I mean c'mon dude. I shouldn't be expected to split the case on the motor. They gave me a tracking number on the 16th but it still shows tracking label created. Nothing shipped .They said these problems were caused by user error. Yeah, like the previous user? LOL

I went to remove the plastic to put on a better carb and I thought they were riveted in cause the first bolt I went to was all stripped out but in a perfect smooth circle. There was a burn mark on the rear plastic.

I decided to tear it down and check for other things. So far so good the only other thing I noticed is the pipe, where it connects to the motor it is chipped so it is probably not making a good seal with the ring gasket.

I 'd planned on upgrading it down the road but I had to start early. I disputed the charge. I am not paying full price for a project bike.

Anyways, this thing should be pretty nasty when it is finished. I am never buying from an online dealer again.

Old 10-20-2019, 09:04 PM   #9

I bought from them twice. The first time was when they were under the previous owners. Everything was smooth, even a damage claim on a broken tank plastic. Second time was under the new ownership. Paperwork was a.total SNAFU and their communication was total garbage.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 10-20-2019, 11:24 PM   #10

I guess yes, communication is pretty bad but after my experience with FamilyGoKarts it seemed impressive.

It just sucks. Buying a bike should be fun. I should have learned my lesson about buying online the first time but I convinced myself it was a one off.

I wanted to ride before the season ended. I had a VM22 ready to go in it etc etc. Now it is waiting on emails and parts while spending money one a replacement motor I hadn't planned on buying until April.

I guess on the bright side, I'm ahead of schedule

Old 10-28-2019, 06:53 PM   #11

I just got hung up on by their “sales Manager “ he was rude beyond belief said he was flagging my call. Not sure what that means, but all calls I place now go straight to voicemail. They won’t talk to me about an MCO because I used my buddies credit card to purchase the bike. They delivered it to my house, in my name, and I signed for the delivery. Then he wouldn’t let me talk to the salesman who sold me the bike. I tried to explain that he understood the situation. What I’m afraid of is they are going to send the MCO out in the wrong name. But the wonderful sales manager said that he will not talk to me because I didn’t pay for it.
So I call from my buddies phone the sales manager picks up the phone and says no I can’t to all to the salesman who sold me the bike and hangs up on me.
I’m not sure what the problem is. I bought a TBR7 from the folks at Q9 with the same exact circumstances paid with my daughters credit card and got my MCO within 2 weeks.
I told the Sales Manager that I was going to buy another bike a Magician within a couple of weeks and will be taking my business elsewhere, he said he didn’t care, to take my business elsewhere. I’m still hoping to get my paperwork because I have to get plates on this bike.
Duckman out.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:43 AM   #12

I just bought my tbr7 from them last week. Now I'm wishing I would have seen this forum beforehand.... Hopefully I have better luck I guess.

Old 03-04-2020, 03:12 PM   #13

Just as a follow up as to how it all ended.

Back in October, KMS said to remove the motor and send it to them so they could evaluate it. By that they meant send it back to Apollo.

They even sent a shipping label. Once they confirmed the motor was removed, they reneged on everything. They said I was no longer covered by warranty because I removed the motor. LOL

F***ing ass clowns. They are still miles better than Family Go Karts though.

Last edited by Weldangrind; 03-05-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Old 06-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #14

power ride outlet is another place to stay away from. i orderd tao bull 200 they dont take phone calls and automated email response get reply we will ship soon as we can they say there place at 1336 W 9th St, Upland, CA 91786 that place is vacant and to right to them at Power Ride Outlet

2201 Luna Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006 very shady dont you think

Old 06-09-2020, 10:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
power ride outlet is another place to stay away from. i orderd tao bull 200 they dont take phone calls and automated email response get reply we will ship soon as we can they say there place at 1336 W 9th St, Upland, CA 91786 that place is vacant and to right to them at Power Ride Outlet

2201 Luna Rd
Carrollton, TX 75006 very shady dont you think
Pretty sure that is a taotao corporate office address. Veloz,killermotorsports, superiorpowersports, and a few others all lead to that address. I think taotao bought up a bunch of old business names under the Veloz name. As far as I can tell they are the worst of the worst. There is a whole lot of people that have been waiting months for refunds, titles, parts and vehicles. Only their sales line works. I was assured they had plenty in stock when I ordered a unit. Then I was told through email that it had shipped. A week later they emailed me it was out of stock. Then they tried to upsell me to a unit that shows in stock, but I'm 100% certain they have no stock of that unit. They don't respond to emails, they don't pick up the phone. You have to trick the new sales department to talk to anyone. I would stay far away. I have no interest in taotao products at all if this is how they let "other companies" operate that distribute their product. Even if you get a refund they tell you it takes 12 days. No where else in the business world have I ever seen it take that long for a refund. I did a dispute instead of letting my money be held hostage by these scammers. If you are lucky enough to get something shipped to you good luck getting the title. I ordered from powersportsmax and have a delivery later today and so far it has been night and day difference from Veloz.