Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2020, 03:15 PM   #31

My bike seems to heat up quickly and stays at 3-4 bars in normal operation. I’m in NC so I appreciate the extra capacity of the cooling system.

Charles.

Old 11-26-2020, 04:37 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
My bike seems to heat up quickly and stays at 3-4 bars in normal operation. I’m in NC so I appreciate the extra capacity of the cooling system.

Charles.
Keep an eye on the coolant level. It has a tendency to drop a little more than I would expect but it never got dangerously low. It improved over time, I guess I had to work out some air bubbles in the system but, there might be some small bubbles still in there.
The bike, when I owned it, would stay consistently at 2 bars in cooler weather in stop and go traffic and during the hotter months would rise to 4 bars at a stop light and, once moving would drop to 3 bars and stay there but, I babied it so YMMV.

Old 11-27-2020, 08:58 PM   #33

Yeah, I'm not babying it at all. I've never babied any of my bikes, and they've all lasted until I was done with them, or until age related failures finally did them in. I've had my 1984 V65 Magna for almost 21 years and 90,000 miles, and finally trifecta of water pump, clutch slave cylinder, and head gasket have laid it up... not really worth the cost of parts and labor to fix it, but I probably am going to anyways.... one of these days. (The headgasket is not a fun job.)

Charles.

Old 12-02-2020, 09:42 AM   #34

The coolant hose on the overflow bottle was twisted to the point of rupture. It started cracking down the side. I swapped to the new style water bottle you included, and hopefully that will eliminate any problems with coolant loss. But I will keep an eye on it. In fact, I've installed every extra part you included, except the headlight bulb. I wasn't satisfied with the beam pattern and the lack of a real high beam (no downward-firing LEDs), so I used an ADVMonster H4R3 bulb I had on my shelf.

I'm quite enjoying the bike, trying to put a bunch of miles on it and looking forward to loading it up for a real camping trip in the spring.

Charles.

Old 12-03-2020, 01:06 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
The coolant hose on the overflow bottle was twisted to the point of rupture. It started cracking down the side. I swapped to the new style water bottle you included, and hopefully that will eliminate any problems with coolant loss. But I will keep an eye on it. In fact, I've installed every extra part you included, except the headlight bulb. I wasn't satisfied with the beam pattern and the lack of a real high beam (no downward-firing LEDs), so I used an ADVMonster H4R3 bulb I had on my shelf.

I'm quite enjoying the bike, trying to put a bunch of miles on it and looking forward to loading it up for a real camping trip in the spring.

Charles.
Did that extended clutch thingie help widen the engagement area? The stock engagement was too far out and too narrow making it difficult to modulate, almost like a 70s era 125cc motocross bike.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:27 AM   #36

I had that on my RX3 and it definitely improved the clutch. Engagement was wider, pull was softer.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:35 AM   #37

Pull is definitely softer, and the engagement zone widens when the bike is hot. When it's cold it doesn't seem much different.

Charles.