Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #1

Price reduction

I put my RX3 for sale on here a while back and now the new price is $1200.
It is a 2017 model, blue, with 1572 miles, tall seat, centerstand, a Pathfinder LED headlight, and a tall trunk all installed.
Other parts I have but haven't been installed are a new DID chain, new model coolant recovery bottle, and extended clutch arm, and new rear innertube (the original tube has had a slow leak since I received the bike).
I also have the stock seat, narrow seat, and original top trunk.

$ 1200.00 GETS IT ALL.

Sorry, I can't text and I don't have any pics (don't have a camera). The bike is in very good condition, never been off road. If you're interested send me a private message and we'll go from there.

EDIT: THE BIKE WAS SOLD

Last edited by rd1959; 10-31-2020 at 06:17 PM. Reason: The bike was sold. Please delete thread.

Old 10-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #2

FYI, I sold mine VERY easily on CL. It was gone in less than a week, at $2k. I had more mods, but also more miles and it was a 16.

Old 10-26-2020, 11:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
FYI, I sold mine VERY easily on CL. It was gone in less than a week, at $2k. I had more mods, but also more miles and it was a 16.
If I could I would've listed it for more but I'm out of a job so I need to sell it ASAP

Old 10-29-2020, 04:02 PM   #4

My point is that CL was the venue that worked for me, very fast. I got zero hits from listing it here.

Old 10-29-2020, 04:21 PM   #5

PM Sent and voicemail left. I want it!

Charles.

Last edited by ChopperCharles; 10-29-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Old 11-01-2020, 01:11 AM   #6

I got it!

Charles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_8904.jpg (157 Bytes, 1267 views)

Old 11-01-2020, 01:12 AM   #7

ugh images still broken.

Anyhow, it was a stellar deal guys, and I'm really happy. Test rode it around the block and I love it so far. I will get insurance and a plate monday.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to farkle it...

Charles.

Old 11-01-2020, 07:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
ugh images still broken.

Anyhow, it was a stellar deal guys, and I'm really happy. Test rode it around the block and I love it so far. I will get insurance and a plate monday.

Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to farkle it...

Charles.
Excellent!

Old 11-01-2020, 01:17 PM   #9

Glad it went to a Chinarider! Emerikol was trying to get me in on this bike a few weeks back, but it was just too far logistically.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-01-2020, 01:29 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Glad it went to a Chinarider! Emerikol was trying to get me in on this bike a few weeks back, but it was just too far logistically.
Yea, I'm glad it "stayed in the family". I talked to one other fellow about it but I got the feeling he didn't know about CSC or Chinese bikes. I didn't want to take the chance of him coming back at me if something went wrong and he couldn't find any place to work on it or having only one place to get parts.

Old 11-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
No such thing as too far! I just think there wasn't enough time for you. It would have been an absolutely EPIC trip to go and pick this one up for you, Culcune. In any event, I'm glad it went to a fellow forum member!

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 11-03-2020, 12:13 AM   #12

This is how she looked when I brought her home!

I have since removed every faded and peeling sticker on the bike. The "adventure" and "rx3" stickers are gone, the tank stickers are gone, and all the stickers on the frame and swingarm are removed. The one with the tire pressure and vin number was a real bear to get off, I needed a scraper and adhesive remover and a lot of elbow grease. It was peeling aroudn the edges and looked like hell, otherwise I would have left it alone.

I also cleaned out four mud dauber nests so far. One on top of the headlight, one under the passenger seat, one inside the left fairing, and one next to the battery. I've replaced the headlight with the LED bulb that rd1959 so graciously included, but I haven't had a chance to ride with the new bulb yet. The 45/45 H4 wasn't actually bad. It's better than my 2017 Yamaha SCR950 with a stock 55/60 bulb... the reflector in the RX3 is actually decent. (The yamaha's suckkkkkkks).

I wired in a cell phone holder/wireless charger and a battery tender lead as well. I modified all the lock cylinders on the bike so that the key can be removed when the cases are unlocked. This makes life a lot more manageable for me.

I ordered a 13T countershaft sprocket and a speedo healer - speedo is off by about 12%. At the upper end 87mph indicated is actually 79mph on my GPS. I also ordered some handguards from Aliexpress, as they're made specifically for the RX3 and mount cleanly without clamps all over the handlebars. (They mount to the mirrors and control clamp 8mm bolts). BUT... they don't offer anything except wind protection. They have no bar to protect the levers, so I may end up with a different set anyhow.

I replaced four rusty bolts and tomorrow when it's not ball-freezing cold I'll touch up the rusty swingarm pivot bolt and the breather on the motor, which have some rust on them.

For sitting outside four years in the NC weather, that was the only rust on the bike. Hell, the Suzuki SV650 I have in the driveway has far more rust than that in the same period of time. I'm impressed!

Some of the rubber is sun checked. The clutch cable cover at the handlebars is cracked and weathered, and the rubber cover over the headlight connector turned to stone and I had to cut and break it off in pieces so I could disconnect the headlight housing from the harness and remove it.

I noticed that there are a few melty areas from where the sun was magnified by the shape of the windscreen. It caused a little divot on the top of the headlight housing, and also slightly warped the top rim of the gauges. There are even some smooth spots that look worn on the inside of the tachometer face, but appear to be slightly melted. Not a big deal, but has anyone else noticed something like this happening?

My next step after handguards are heated grips and hippo hands. I'm also trying to find some wings to attach to the sides of the windscreen to get my shoulders out of the airflow. With JC Whitney dead and gone, it's hard to find stuff like that now. I'm looking for these things attached to the GL1200 windshield:

I'm having quite a good time farkling this thing. Part of the draw is to spend as little money as possible.

Charles.

Old 11-12-2020, 03:15 PM   #13

I'm glad to know there weren't any major problems I didn't know about (I hate when that happens).
I figured you'd find more mud dauber nests. I think I told you about my battle between mud daubers and cats, looks like the daubers won, lol.
I forgot to mention the headlight bulb is not stock. The stock bulb is a 35/45. I replaced it with one I bought on Amazon. I think the brand name was EIKO 45/55 watt. It was definitely better than stock but still had the same abrupt cutoff pattern as stock.

I'm sure the old girl's happy having someone paying attention to her. If you can get hold of the gentleman on here that goes by NZBreaklathes, he might be able to help find some of the parts you're looking for if they exist. He's the one I bought the new style coolant bottle and extended clutch lever arm from.

HAPPY MOTORING!

Old 11-12-2020, 10:39 PM   #14

Unfortunately she had a sudden loss of power on the highway and sparks flying out the exhaust today. I think I may have lunched an exhaust valve. Will call csc tomorrow and pick their brains.

Charles.

Old 11-12-2020, 10:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
Unfortunately she had a sudden loss of power on the highway and sparks flying out the exhaust today. I think I may have lunched an exhaust valve. Will call csc tomorrow and pick their brains.

Charles.
Oh no!