Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2020, 09:05 AM   #1

What is everyone using for a travel tool kit?

Curious what everyone is using for a travel tool kit. I have been looking at tire spoons/pump and some hand tools to take along . Had to tighten some bolts yesterday on my ride glad I had at least a adjustable wrench and a allen combo.....

Old 11-29-2020, 10:16 AM   #2

I carry the toolkit that came with the bike, some zip ties, a leatherman multi tool, needle nose pliers and a portable jump starter

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 11-30-2020, 11:19 AM   #3

The answer to the question depends on where you are going, and how far you are from services. In the city and near the city, I carry almost nothing, because I can just call for a tow truck or help from friends. Going 50 miles into the desert is different. Then I have the bike kit, plus a tool roll with additional real tools. I have a plug-in compressor, and a patch kit. Zips, electrical tape, paracord, and baling wire. Those mostly-used-up small rolls of tape you have left around are ideal for this use.

The ultimate tool is a satellite communicator, so I can get assistance or emergency evacuation should it some to that, from anywhere no matter if there's no cell coverage.