Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2011, 03:33 PM   #1

taotao 150b

gy6 motored quad.Im awaiting delivery and have alot of experience with the gy6 i had in my buggy.I bought this through superiorpowersports and well give some reports on how it works out.
Im going to make my own snowplow setup for it and hope that itll work
mabe ill buy some chains for it,im going to let my dad use it since his snowblower is getting to be to much for him,who knows mabe itll make it fun removing snow.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #2

I've studied the topic a bit, and I believe the only way you'll be successful is if you attach the snowplow to the rear of the quad. The idea is to have a very long attachment bar on the blade, and then drive over it. There needs to be a pivot point at the back of the quad to accept the bar. The blade will dig in as the front wheels come off of the ground. Make sense?

If you're fabricating the blade, it needs to have a fulcrum point at the bottom and springs at the top. When you hit a curb, the blade will have some give, rather than breaking.

There's another idea I've seen at www.quadivator.com that places an entire non-driven snowblower on a chassis in front of the quad, and you simply drive around and blow snow. It requires an extension on the chute handle, so you can rotate the chute from the quad seat.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #3

I've studied the topic a bit, and I believe the only way you'll be successful is if you attach the snowplow to the rear of the quad. The idea is to have a very long attachment bar on the blade, and then drive over it. There needs to be a pivot point at the back of the quad to accept the bar. The blade will dig in as the front wheels come off of the ground. Make sense?

A friend's Artic Cat used just such an arrangement. It pivoted on the trail hitch mount.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #4

snow plow

I figured i would attach it to to the frame just before the swingarm.Thanks for the ideas,ill try and post photos of it when im done.