Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #1

no start no fire

hi im new to the community and im tryin to get my bike runnin im not getting any fire already replaced the cdi and the coil but not getting any spark to the plug still not sure what to do next

Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #2

Welcome aboard! The CDI is a common culprit of the no start symptom on the chinese bikes and ATV's... As are the kill switches. We could use a little more history on the bike to help you troubleshoot it. Have you had the bike for a while and it just quit running or did you buy it not running to fix up? Has it been sitting for an extended period and now wont start? Don't forget that most china bikes have to have a brake applied to start, this also applies to most chinese ATV's. Again, just mentioning this because I don't know how long youve had the bike and if it's ran for you or not.

Old 10-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #3

bought to fix didnt know had to have brake applied but the person i bought it from said it just quit one day while they where ridin it i have new cdi installed and new coil and new battery just no spark i will try again tomorrow with the brake on and see if that gets me anywhere not really sure what brand of bike it is just know its 2005 china made 200cc enduro its other than that its yellow with yellow and blue seat

Old 10-28-2011, 10:15 PM   #4

r these bikes known for having shorts in the wiring harness and if so where and what do i need to look for my push button starter switch will also make the soliniod click but not turn starter changed soliniod didnt make no difference have been trying to start by kick start leg is gettin tired of kicking tho

Old 10-28-2011, 11:20 PM   #5

Welcome!

The solenoid click sounds more like a battery problem, especially since you tried two of them.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-29-2011, 12:23 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokieokie
r these bikes known for having shorts in the wiring harness and if so where and what do i need to look for my push button starter switch will also make the soliniod click but not turn starter changed soliniod didnt make no difference have been trying to start by kick start leg is gettin tired of kicking tho
I don´t know if this damages anything but when my battery dies I kickstart it and at the same time i briefly press the start button and it will start right away... hope this helps!!

Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Welcome!

The solenoid click sounds more like a battery problem, especially since you tried two of them.

new battery but going to hook up charger to it now just to see if it makes a difference

im a man but i can change if i have to i guess.....Red Green

Old 10-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #8

ok i have a short somewhere gotta be when i hook test light to frame and test grounds it lights up so needing wiring diagram

Old 10-29-2011, 11:20 AM   #9

here we go maybe this will make sense to some one i disconected the ground wire from the battery and made a jumper fro the ground side of the bat. to the frame starter and every thing worked like new had fire for a second and then i lost it the cdi that i bought has a lil light on it that used to flash now it dont whats next do i need to order anouther cdi or do i need wiring harness

Old 10-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #10

I don't have a wiring diagram for you, although somebody here might offer one.

In the meantime, follow the red wires from the battery; you'll see that the large gauge wire goes directly to the solenoid, and the small wire goes to the key switch (most likely). The first step is to turn the key on and then connect the two large studs on the solenoid with a screwdriver or jumper cable (be careful). The engine should immediately turn over, which will tell you that the starter is ok. Because the key is on, it might even start.

Once you've accomplished that, turn the key off and provide power to the two small wires that connect to the solenoid. The solenoid should engage and activate the starter. If it does, you have a short somewhere that is preventing power from getting to the solenoid. If it doesn't, the solenoid is bad.

We can move forward once you've tried these steps.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #11

with the groud wire disconected from battery and my jumper wire runnin from battery to frame the starter works perfectly when u push the starter button

Old 10-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokieokie
with the groud wire disconected from battery and my jumper wire runnin from battery to frame the starter works perfectly when u push the starter button
In that case, it appears you have a bad connection from the battery ground wire to the frame. I suggest you clean the negative battery terminal and the place where the ground wire connects to the frame. I also encourage you to check the battery ground wire to see if it has any nicks, or breaks in the wire.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #13

ok the green wire that runs back to the battery is it a ground or a positive

Old 10-30-2011, 03:33 AM   #14

Likely ground, unless somebody has messed with it. Red is usually positive on these bikes and green is usually ground. YMMV.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #15

ok im striping the wiring down today while messing with it yesterday i got it to fire for a minute but then i lost it again so today im gonna try to find where the short is