Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2023, 03:31 AM   #1

So I wanted to say it’s definitely a vacuum leak, I tightened the bolts where the leak was and it ran a little better. I ordered the gluey-aluminum and black plastic intake gaskets off Amazon and am getting them tomorrow with another new throttle cable. I bought the 40.3” nibbi nc style throttle cable because the stock throttle cable was too short after my carb upgrade and quick turn throttle and it was way too long. I ended up ordering the cb style throttle cable from nibbi 36.8” and I hope this will help the issue because at the moment the bike is out of commission. Before I took the old throttle off, it only revved when turning the bars full lock right, but not it’s anywhere I turn the bars, even straight. I’ve also made sure to see that the throttle cable is fully seated in the carb and throttle itself. However, the throttle cable is bending against the gas tank and am racking my brain for the perfect solution. I’ve thought about bending the gas tank but want to stay away from modifying it too much. I really want to just get this thing running right and be able to ride it more than a day in a row I love this bike so much I wish it wasn’t like every corner I turn I hit another dead end. Also working on getting the valve cover off as the factory must have over torqued them and the bolts are camming out of my wrench. Hopefully I just need a better wrench cuz idk what to do if I round these off.

Tags
hawk 250, idle problems