Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #1

Bashan surprise

After looking over the 2013 EPA certification list of new bikes, there were a few I had not heard of, but were certified. KJack Motors from the Cushman thread were one such company, and another one actually sounded familiar 'chongqing astronautic bashan motorcycle manufacturing co.ltd' were approved certification for a 197cc and 223cc engine (on the same certification like how SSR has both the 200cc and 250cc Qingqi enduros-those are also certified together).

However, perusing the Phoenix craigslist, I came across these, which with a little internet detective work were figured out to be Bashan, and the purpose for the listing of the certification.

http://www.advantiauto.com/inventory...RIZONA+Mesa+AZ

Note--the photos on Advanti Auto site are from the manufacturer--they only have a black 250 left (but can and will get more)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bashan250.jpg (59.4 KB, 157 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-16-2014, 01:30 AM   #2

They also offered a 200cc version of the bike, but I immediately dismissed it because it does not come with a staple of Chinese bikes-- a rear rack!!??

http://www.advantiauto.com/inventory...RIZONA-Mesa-AZ

Note--stock manufacturer photo--only one 200cc bike left, and in black (but they can easily get more)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bashan200.jpg (45.6 KB, 155 views)

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #3

I called them today to figure out the scoop on these bikes, and they seem ok according to the owner (I believe he is the owner). he was by no means a hard sell salesguy, and he had a lot of experience with Chinese bikes. He said these are new to them as they last sold the SSR 200. They went with these not because there was anything wrong with the SSR, but rather the price. It was much harder for people to come up with $2500 (they never carried the $3k 250 SSR) that the SSR enduro costs.

I did ask him about the TMEC enduro, and coincidentally, they might carry those. Also, keep in mind that these guys are not a mail-order company, but rather sell locally in the Phoenix metropolitan area in case some of you were going to try to order one or inquire about ordering one. I think they like to PDI these themselves partly so as to eliminate the amateur factor in putting them together possibly wrong, but mainly because they sell products like any other motorsport dealer--put together just like Honda, Yamaha, etc. rather than in a box

Anyone in Phoenix interested in a Chinese scooter, dirt bike, enduro, UTV, etc. should stop by since most of the time, these bikes are mail-ordered sight unseen, and this gives you an opportunity to see them up close in person. They are 3 hours away from me, so that all but keeps me away, but Dennis, who might be the owner or one of the principals of the company was very friendly, unsalesmanlike, and seemed quite knowledgeable about Chinese bikes and products. He is very much like us when it comes to the whole idea of buying a Chinese product--these bikes are not the greatest in the world, but they are definitely worth considering due to the relatively low prices if you know what you are doing.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 02-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #4

Thanks for posting the nice report on the Bashan motorcycles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #5

Found this on Pro Power Ride outlet site. Looks kinda like the Bashan 250. The rear plastic reads "STORM 250" similar to the pics in this thread.. I know. China doesn't believe in any kind of copyright adherence.. http://www.powerrideoutlet.com/pro-d...50cc-bike.html

These guys offer a layaway as well, which I would need at this point.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:54 AM   #6

I figure these bikes are ok, but they are fairly new, and very few people have reported owning one. I am sure they are about on par with a TMEC 200; my hesitation is knowing what I know now, I would stay with a TMEC. I had the pleasure of stopping at Excalibur Motorsports after visiting family in L.A. during Christmas in 2012. I had just purchased my used '09 and needed a side panel and a couple other things. Since they are the official distributors of the bikes, it was nice having parts available through them. I do not know the parts situation of the Bashan bikes, let alone who is their distributor, although I do believe it might be Peace Sports. They are carried extensively throughout South and Central America, and I have seen several threads on some of Bashan's products (offered as rebranded brands depending on country) on an international motorcycle forum from tourists who decided to purchase a cheap bike to tour Central and South America. It seems they are decent bikes, but parts are easily available where they are extensively distributed. I do understand the layaway option for you; I would suggest to pay the $99 for full assembly, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-29-2014, 02:47 AM   #7

Looks like pretty much a crap shoot when it comes to choosing an honest distributor of China Bikes. I have read enough negative reviews of various moto distributors to be a little nervous about plopping down my hard earned cash.
Excalibur doesn't ship direct to consumers and even if they did.. no layaway.

Let the quandary begin