Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2010, 02:47 PM   #16

Turns out...I'm not crazy nor incompetant....so I got that going for me.
My rear brake is finally working. After 3 trips to 2 differnet Honda dealers and 2 orders for a mst cylinder kit I got the right one. Even with the greater pump pressure after the installation of the new seals I still had to remove the caliper and elevate it above the master to allow the air to rise and the fluid to settle.
For those that dont read back...this is not a Beast cylinder...this is a Honda branded master I got from Ebay. Of the 2 kits I had in my hands....neither is suitable for the beast master. The bore on the original cylinder is not 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch....its a size in the middle somewhere.
Murphys law decided the seller on Ebay did not identify the proper bike model this cylinder supposedly came from....hence my getting the wrong kit .. etc etc..etc

waynec

Old 10-03-2010, 02:16 AM   #17

Good news on the brake! Are you going to keep your Beast?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-03-2010, 08:45 AM   #18

The Beast stays for now. My sons Fourtrax did sell and it was used for light bush work pulling a small trailer. I am working up a trailer hitch for the beast today so I can get some firewood in.
A used Gio is a tough sell. All I got were inquiries from idiots and 12 year olds...many offering to trade their crap that would not sell, for mine.
I still need to track down my voltage drain or put a switch in to keep the battery alive for more than 2 days.
Is there something about the cdi that would keep a load on the battery? Its basically a capacitor, isn't it? If its constantly trying to maintain its charge could it be a very mild short to groung causing it to do that? Need an expert here.
thx
waynec

Old 10-03-2010, 10:11 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
Is there something about the cdi that would keep a load on the battery? Its basically a capacitor, isn't it? If its constantly trying to maintain its charge could it be a very mild short to groung causing it to do that? Need an expert here.
thx
waynec
Just unplug your CDI and see if the battery drain is still there.

Old 10-03-2010, 01:25 PM   #20

When you have a moment, please show us a photo of the hitch you developed.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-05-2010, 08:58 PM   #21

battery drainage

try turning the kill switch on.. or check the ground wires.. if you do not have a good ground it could drain the battery.. also .. check the motor cooling fan.. I have the fan sensor send power to the fan while everything was off.. it did not turn but there was a small amount of power sent to it .. so it drained the battery.... some atvs have REMOTE controls.. they require power as they are armed and ready to use.. remove the fuse or turn the kill switch on.. DOES the battery hold a charge if you dis-connect for those 2 days????

Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #22

I have the battery disconnected now and will be able to test for its charge in a day or 2. Thanks for the tips.

Here is a pic of my 'hitch'...respecting the KISS principle in all its glory. I cruised Princess Auto looking for a 4 sided bracket with an 1 3/4" opening to surround the lower shock mount. This is intended for some brand of shelving unit they sell. Drilled a couple of holes and slid in a longer bolt. Done deal and works ok. I snapped a pic of the trailer and the load of hardwood I pulled from the bush. The Beast had to work hard to pull this load........but look at this load!!......waynec

Old 10-06-2010, 05:59 PM   #23

hitch looks good.. just remember the beat weighs in around i think 375 or was it 395 lbs. i will check my plate on the frame that has it.. but the point is to watch the weight of the the trailer. dont want it popping wheelies while hauling stuff and you dont want it to where it can lift the rear wheels off the ground..

if i ever buy land and decide i need a atv for work.. 4wd 700cc with a winch in front and one in the rear... the beast is actually pretty decent at work stuff. i just used it it to pull up a dead tree with the root system spread out a little over 3ft. pulled it up no problem, altho i could feel the rear suspension hunch down when the rope tightend

Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #24

Excellent hitch! I think that's an E-track bracket, but I'm not sure. I might try the same thing; I hadn't thought of picking up the shock mount.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynec
I have the battery disconnected now and will be able to test for its charge in a day or 2. Thanks for the tips.

Here is a pic of my 'hitch'...respecting the KISS principle in all its glory. I cruised Princess Auto looking for a 4 sided bracket with an 1 3/4" opening to surround the lower shock mount. This is intended for some brand of shelving unit they sell. Drilled a couple of holes and slid in a longer bolt. Done deal and works ok. I snapped a pic of the trailer and the load of hardwood I pulled from the bush. The Beast had to work hard to pull this load........but look at this load!!......waynec

What is that dangling on the ground underneath it? Looks like a clear fuel line or something..

Old 10-07-2010, 08:17 AM   #26

battery vent hose im guessing.. it runs up the rear shock towards the battery area. there is only 2 hoses hanging under our quads, carb bowl draining hose, and the battery vent hose.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #27

Mizke got it.........i ran the vent clear of anything that could be corroded.....waynec

Old 10-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #28

Funny I was so focused on the hitch ball assembly and just saw the hose there, I didn't even try to trace it up! Just looked like it was coming out beneath it. Duh. :?

Old 10-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #29

hitch part

do you have a # for the piece that you bought from PA.?? Or what do they call that piece?? I would like to get one as well to do that.. was it in the surplus area?? nice job.. MIZKE gets the prize for finding the hose;s purpose..

Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #30

its a shelving bracket.......thats all i remember. I will be back there tomorrow ..so I will see if i can get the brand name. It was not a surplus item......waynec