Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2017, 06:30 PM   #1

Just ordered Apollo 250cc! What next

Hey guys. Brand spankin new to moto. Infact, I've never even ridden lol. I'm a big mountain biker and pretty athletic/coordinated overall.

I found this bike on the interwebz and couldn't pass up the deal. $1299 shipped to my door brand new for a bike!? This auto be good...

Anyway, if any of you guys can give me tips and tricks ahead for the bike, that would be great. I'm mechanically inclined, but have no experience on motorcycles. I know to locktite all the bolts, do a once and twice over, check spokes, and change the oil (with what oil?) before I do anything... What else?

What is the gear recommended to get? I have a pair of boots on order... I know helmet and a gloves are next.

Thanks! Can't wait for it to arrive.

Old 11-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycoCell View Post
Hey guys. Brand spankin new to moto. Infact, I've never even ridden lol. I'm a big mountain biker and pretty athletic/coordinated overall.

I found this bike on the interwebz and couldn't pass up the deal. $1299 shipped to my door brand new for a bike!? This auto be good...

Anyway, if any of you guys can give me tips and tricks ahead for the bike, that would be great. I'm mechanically inclined, but have no experience on motorcycles. I know to locktite all the bolts, do a once and twice over, check spokes, and change the oil (with what oil?) before I do anything... What else?

What is the gear recommended to get? I have a pair of boots on order... I know helmet and a gloves are next.

Thanks! Can't wait for it to arrive.
Just show us the link to your bike for starters
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-07-2017, 10:32 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Just show us the link to your bike for starters
https://www.motomaxus.com/

Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 AM   #4

Nice bike bet youll love it. I cant believe they still sale the Bashan Blaze?!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:53 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Nice bike bet youll love it. I cant believe they still sale the Bashan Blaze?!
Beats me. I don't even know what the Bashan Blaze is lol. But yeah, I'm excited! Can't beat the price of it.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 AM   #6

Please keep us posted with your order progress. I was looking for a distributor on the East Coast but never came across these guys.

Old 11-07-2017, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SycoCell View Post
Beats me. I don't even know what the Bashan Blaze is lol. But yeah, I'm excited! Can't beat the price of it.
They call it the Safari One 250 but a Blaze is a Blaze no matter what they call it..

Old 11-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #8

Generally, people are using Rotella 15-40w for oil. You don't need 'fancy' oil for these bikes, and they do put 15-40 as recommended, which is generally oil used in diesel engines.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 11-07-2017, 08:21 PM   #9

Thumbs Up

Yea, thats mine and merlins bike. From the 3 speedometers i have had on mine i have put almost 10k miles on mine since March of 2015 (9298mi). Have to really keep an eye on it and all the associated parts. (Spokes, tires, wiring, signals). As long as you know there there will be a responsibility with keeping an eye on all the parts , I don't think there is any reason it shouldn't go beyond 25 to 30k miles. I'm probably using mines mostly on the open public roads as there is really no open public lands in the area. Have taken mine camping and is my favorite go to for errands such as the trip to the tax office today ( yes, emerikol I fixed the flat and straightened the chain). Still runs at the breakneck speed of 60mph.

Most of what you read here will apply to your bike. All these China bikes essentially work the same and share many parts.

Enjoy remember...pics or it didn't happen.

Oil always needs the certification ...JASO-MA for wet clutch operation , as the cylinder and the transmission share the same oil which is 1 quart. Read all you can on this site and change it often for the first 250 to 500 miles

There are lots of folks who live and breath this stuff and are always looking for a challenge. Post all you want, everybody is really cool here which is why it's a popular site. I have always said there is enough collective brainpower to take us to mars from this site. Literally worldwide.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 11-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #10

Thanks for the replies.... So the bike only takes 1 square of oil total? That's cheap! I'll change that very often for that price and simplicity. I've heard someone mention something about a metal oil filter that you can simply just wash out and reinstall it - thoughts? It's new to me.. As far as the oil, does it have to be Rotella brand, or can I get away with some generic 15-40w?

I'll definitely get pics as soon as I get it. I'm waiting on shipping confirmation. I ordered a helmet yesterday - Bell MX-9 MIPS Barricade. Also have some O'Neal element boots arriving today. That's all I have for now until I get the bike and reassess it all.

I've read a lot about people getting the Mikuni Carb... Is this a must? I mean, it's so cheap... Will the bike run just fine while learning? I'm trying to start slow and now drop boat loads of cash - as I tend to do with all of my hobbies - I never go small...

I've obviously never laid eyes on a bike closely, but I hear the chain tensioner is garbage. Anyone have a link or suggestion on what to replace it with? I'm assuming garbage meaning the hardware but again, I'm not sure.

Old 11-13-2017, 07:48 PM   #11

Received my shipment today - however it was really ready last week but I was gone for 5 days. Quick shipping. Super painless. From glancing over it, all looks perfectly packed and no damages.

Hopefully later this week I'll unpackage it and get to figuring out the build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3767.jpg (91.3 KB, 513 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3766.jpg (89.3 KB, 496 views)

Old 11-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #12

Well surprise surprise, thats no bashan blaze for sure as is the generic term for mine.

Looks very interesting from what i can see of it...you may have something here

Old 11-14-2017, 07:31 PM   #13

Ok, looks like the 36 bike ( as they show AGB-36-250CC) which i believe is dirt only. Does it have headlight blinkers and rear plate mount? Is this what you wanted?

Old 11-14-2017, 10:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Ok, looks like the 36 bike ( as they show AGB-36-250CC) which i believe is dirt only. Does it have headlight blinkers and rear plate mount? Is this what you wanted?
Yep. This is exactly what I knew I was getting - I didn't want a street legal bike. Just something to get my feet wet. Finished putting it together today - very solid construction. I ran into absolutely no issues removing and locktiting every bolt. Everything fit perfectly - everything was tight from the factory.

Old 11-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #15

Just a little update:

Took my Apollo 250 trail riding yesterday for about 4 hours.... To all the nay-sayers on these chinese bikes - enjoy spending your $7500, I couldn't be happier with my $1299 purchase! This thing flew down the trails. Climbed every hill just as quickly as my buddies running along side as me. Sounded great. Started on the first flick of the electric start - whether it was hot or bone cold. I didn't have to make a single adjustment to the engine while riding.

All-in-all, what a great purchase! I recommend one if it's something someone is considering!