Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-16-2019, 03:05 PM   #1

Wet weather Hawk

Recently I was on here discussing the pros and cons of knobbie vs enduro tires with a member on here and the subject of rain and wet pavement came up. Well yesterday I was punished by the weather gods lol. Before leaving I checked the weather report and cleaned my visor with windex, tire pressure etc and they were all good.

I get about 5 miles from my destination and it starts a light rain, so I stop on my sister's porch to wait it out. When it stopped I hit a gas station and topped her off, and headed for a buddies house which is even further from home. Well as were sitting in his garage sipping a cold one it starts to rain again, lightly. So I decide I'm gonna wait it out again.

A few cold ones later it's getting dark and it still hasn't let up. So I head the 40 miles home and about 2 miles from his house it starts raining a little harder, a few miles after that it is RAINING and it's dark. Talk about a miserable ride home, the rain drops were stinging me through my jeans and on my hands, and I was soaked.

My visor performed well and I think it's because I keep it so clean, the rain drops kinda slide off. And I have to say the knobbies performed well also, I was a bit leary at first but they held the road well at 55mph. I did notice the painted lines weren't as forgiving so I tried to avoid them as much as possible. I was never so happy to see my front door lol.