Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2017, 04:22 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
I was just thinking in terms of purchasing a new chain to install at initial setup, and putting the factory chain in the scrap bin where it belongs without even using it LOL
That is a good plan, I should have did the same. But I didn't know how long it was or what gearing was on the bike. I'm waiting to hear back from a new Brozz owner to see if the newer ones come with the same 17 / 46 setup. My bike has like 80 miles on it and I kid you not, I've adjusted that crap chain 3 times and it needs to be done again.

Old 01-02-2017, 11:56 PM   #167

One more thing LetsRide, what do you know about the electrical systems on these bikes? The reason I ask, is that recently I read about the tt250 having a higher output 300watt system with auxiliary outputs available under the seat. This sounds like an AWESOME upgrade for better lighting, etc without taxing the stock electrical system. ( And, I'd be willing to bet that because the TTs are based on the same platform as the Bashan and Haosen bikes, it's probably a matter of finding the correct part numbers and installing the parts. ( Stator, harness, etc)http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19869

Old 01-03-2017, 09:48 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
That is a good plan, I should have did the same. But I didn't know how long it was or what gearing was on the bike. I'm waiting to hear back from a new Brozz owner to see if the newer ones come with the same 17 / 46 setup. My bike has like 80 miles on it and I kid you not, I've adjusted that crap chain 3 times and it needs to be done again.
Yeah, the stock chain is not very good. I reccomend Uni-Bear chain. Works really well. ARH

Old 01-03-2017, 10:00 PM   #169

Quote:
got 250 on my hawk and havent needed to adjust yet?????

Old 01-03-2017, 10:23 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
One more thing LetsRide, what do you know about the electrical systems on these bikes? The reason I ask, is that recently I read about the tt250 having a higher output 300watt system with auxiliary outputs available under the seat. This sounds like an AWESOME upgrade for better lighting, etc without taxing the stock electrical system. ( And, I'd be willing to bet that because the TTs are based on the same platform as the Bashan and Haosen bikes, it's probably a matter of finding the correct part numbers and installing the parts. ( Stator, harness, etc)http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=19869
I'm not sure what the Stator output is on the Brozz bikes. Most likely it is the same as the Hawk. It has no trouble keeping up with what systems are on the bike. At idle with the high beam on there is no change in the brightness of the headlight as the RPM's rise. But I bet you are correct on the TT parts fitting it's close cousins. Ya know I will be in the market for another Dual Sport real soon when my Brozz goes off to college. And the TT even at its high price is on the list. I mean you really can't deny the service and support CSC is giving. Which RPS does a great job too. And THAT is where RPS and CSC beat out the Brozz IMHO. Sadly the Brozz has no dedicated dealer network, support, or even a decent place that lists parts. Which is crappy, because it is an awesome bike. Not to say I CAN'T get what I need when I need it. It would just be nice if it had a better following.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:57 PM   #171

This is about as good as it gets, and the Brozz and Shark aren't even called the Brozz or the Shark. This is the exclusive distributor for these two bikes for the US! I am trying to get my friend's company to take over these two bikes, but they are tied into TGB and for some reason prefer not to be dealing with Chinese product other than drop-shipping, LOL

http://www.kandiusa.com/

http://www.kandiusa.com/product_list.php?id=270

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-04-2017, 05:39 AM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
This is about as good as it gets, and the Brozz and Shark aren't even called the Brozz or the Shark. This is the exclusive distributor for these two bikes for the US! I am trying to get my friend's company to take over these two bikes, but they are tied into TGB and for some reason prefer not to be dealing with Chinese product other than drop-shipping, LOL

If he does that could I get a red Nduro Bike 18C for testing. I promise to take it outside to go potty and feed it the good fuel and oil.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:12 AM   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post

The turn-off for me is that both bikes have a 19 inch front wheel, and, even worse, a 17 inch rear wheel. Dual sport means to me as good off road as it is on road. 21 inch front and 18 inch rear is the best compromise available at this time.

Old 01-04-2017, 11:45 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
The turn-off for me is that both bikes have a 19 inch front wheel, and, even worse, a 17 inch rear wheel. Dual sport means to me as good off road as it is on road. 21 inch front and 18 inch rear is the best compromise available at this time.
I guess it's a matter of riding need. Of course, a true "dual sport" has a 21/18 combo, with aggressive knobbies like a dirt bike. What I like about the 19/17 setup is it's much more friendly for twisty pavement, like where I live. It's more of a "super-moto" or motard set up as opposed to a purpose-built dirt bike. Much better without the aggressive knobbies on the twisty pavement, but still capable of trails and dirt roads.
I just don't ride where and how I used to.... The TT250 has the 21/18...but I'm glad it came with the less aggressive dual sport-type tires. It still does very well on the pavement.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #175

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
A new set of 21" / 18" wheels for these bikes cost about $150 shipped. Alloy rim ver about $200 shipped.
The alloy set came with 4mm spokes stronger then the smallish 3.5mm spokes that come on these bikes stock.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #176

So my KLR 650 is NOT a real dual sport... has a 21" front with a 17" rear tire... well it's time to sell that junk for a real dual sport

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
A new set of 21" / 18" wheels for these bikes cost about $150 shipped. Alloy rim ver about $200 shipped.
The alloy set came with 4mm spokes stronger then the smallish 3.5mm spokes that come on these bikes stock.
And just WHY haven't we seen any updated pics of the Merlin MOCHINE??

Old 01-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
So my KLR 650 is NOT a real dual sport... has a 21" front with a 17" rear tire... well it's time to sell that junk for a real dual sport
Each to his own, and I'm sure Ariel's opinion is seeded in experience. But The 19/17 set up on the Brozz took me all over the hunting club deer woods the other day. I didn't seem to have a problem. But I didn't try to climb any log jambs, rocky hills, etc. etc. They will do just fine for my use, or college boy.

Last edited by letsride; 01-04-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Interesting! I did not know that! I wonder why Kawalski did that? Tire choices maybe?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM   #180

Got a lemon named pile

Quote:
And just WHY haven't we seen any updated pics of the Merlin MOCHINE??
My bike is not a nice story so I tend to not go there. Lets just say it was made in the OLD SCHOOL of Chinese bike building. There was not one thing other then the engine that was put together right and I mean nothing. So right now Iam trying to make lemonaid out of a pile of hummmm "lemons" I bought as a bike.