Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #61

The Honda CBR250R is gaining displacement; it will get a 286cc engine. Hopefully, the CRF250L will follow suit, and become a CRF300L. With a Bill Blue, Big Bore Kit, the CRF300L would get a legitimate, 349cc engine.

I quote from the Rick Ramsey website.

"Honda unveiled a freshened-up and bored-out CBR300R at the China International Motorcycle Trade Exhibition to fire back at Kawasaki's Ninja 300R."

"Details on the 300 have surfaced in the form of a Chinese spec sheet (pictured). The motor has the same bore, but has been stroked 8 mm to 286 cc total displacement. Claimed horsepower jumps from 26 to 30.5 at the same 8500 rpm, while torque takes an even bigger jump (percentage-wise) from 17 to 20 foot/pounds."

This will surely result in a CRF300L (286cc) in a year (or two)... and many will rejoice.
But Bill Blue will be the happiest:

http://www.rickramsey.net/CRF250L.htm

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-19-2014, 01:12 AM   #62

We are in the final steps of being able to import these bikes to the USA. As it sits now we are expecting to have the bikes available April 2015. I should have formal details in the next two weeks. Cross you're fingers!!

Www.pitsterpro.com

Old 12-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #63

Thank you for letting us know your plans. Please do keep us updated.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-19-2014, 07:34 AM   #64

It will be nice to see these in the US! I know a distributor who had bad luck with Shineray-not because they make bad bikes, but because every time he needed something, it seemed like they would have a new rep since the other one left the company. The new person had no clue about anything, and just when it seemed they understood--a new person would take their place. He stopped carrying Shineray after that, but maybe they have their act together now. It is a shame since they have always had consistently decent products for years!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-19-2014, 10:43 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitster View Post
We are in the final steps of being able to import these bikes to the USA. As it sits now we are expecting to have the bikes available April 2015. I should have formal details in the next two weeks. Cross you're fingers!!

Www.pitsterpro.com
Thanks for the update. What can you tell us about the latest version? Any noteworthy changes?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-24-2014, 10:12 AM   #66

shinray ?pitster

before everyone gets all excited about this bike,,,Lets look at who is handling bringing it to the marketplace,,,,PITSTER PRO,,,,,rememenber people the lxt 400 they boned us on?..Many of us bit when they blew them out for$1999 becausse they knew they had issues,,then when we did have issues ,they wouldnt amswer their emails or return calls,.They washed their hands of the lxt 400 an all of us stuck with one without ever saying a word and it just quitly disappeared. Now im sure this bike is a huge improvement,,,,,but be cautious,,,because if problems do arise,,they wont help.If they truly want to do this they should do some long range testing with real people,,and then like csc offer them at a good price.JUst my 2 cents from personal experience with pitster.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #67

I'm sure that still stings for you, Fish. I bet it doesn't bring Doc any happy memories either.

I'd just like to find the engine from Taobao and see if I can transplant it into Lifanda.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-24-2014, 11:54 AM   #68

pitster

yep i hate flushing money down the toilet.I just wonder how many people got took by pitster.They knew it was bad ,hence slashing the price in half.Least they coulkda done was try an help us ...BUT NOTHING

Old 12-28-2014, 10:14 AM   #69

pitsters new bike

well since i just recently sold my harley,,,,,i would consider giving pitster another chance,,,but it would have to be a good deal,,on par with the one csc did for us.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:51 AM   #70

The motor looks decent, from the pics I've found on TB. It really does seem to be an XR400 design with electric start. Perfect.

I've seen a couple on TB, but the engine alone is in the $600 range; too rich for me, by the time you add shipping from China.

Old 04-20-2015, 11:13 PM   #71

Rode a X5 at the CIMA show in Chongqing last Oct '14 at the outdoor testing track. Also test rode the '15 CF650NK at the CFMoto test track (separate track to the Shineray track). I was quite underwhelmed by the X5. The front end was vague at best, gear selection was less than reassuring, braking seemed adequate, seat could use improvement for long hours in the saddle. Low speed walking manoeuvring was very stable at walking speeds. The particular demo bike had a broken right rear (pillion) foot rest mounting - which looked ugly and did Shineray no favours in assuring me and a friend who also rode the X5, of the quality of the Shineray product. The 400 roadstar was also available for demo too, though I didn't throw my leg over it. All in all a bit more attention to detail would likely see the X5 as a worthwhile consideration in the local market IMO. Long term high mileage ownership would prove or disprove whether the X5 is a worthy contender. I'd wanted to like the bike as I considered it for a cross country and international border crossing mount/ride this past Jan-Feb '15; >20K km, but wasn't able to assure myself that the X5 was fit for purpose (to me).

YMMV

I currently own 3 Chinese bikes out of a fleet of 8; '12 CF650TR (CFMoto), '10 Jetmax (CFMoto), '07 JJ125 Startrek (Jinjian), & had owned a '08 CF250T-F VIP (CFMoto, Honda Helix clone) - sold.

Last edited by Bikerdoc; 04-21-2015 at 01:15 AM.

Old 04-21-2015, 01:08 PM   #72

Welcome, Bikerdoc!

Please feel free to start a thread in the New Member Introductions section, and show us pics of your bikes, Chinese or otherwise.

Thanks for your comments about the X5. As usual, it sounds like our Chinese friends have done the rough-in, and we must do the details. The RX3 is about to change all of that, I believe.