Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM   #1

NEW RIDERS--DO NOT BUY LIFAN PRODUCTS

from anyone on the internet!!! Weekly, it seems, there is someone, somewhere, who with the little cash the government allows us to have, goes online, purchases a bike, and cannot get it registered by BIG BROTHER (George Orwell-1984) in their state.

ATV Discounters seems to be one of the main culprits, but I really think American Lifan, yes, THE American Lifan, is involved. Two members here purchased GY200-2 models from ATV Discounters, and cannot register them in their state. It seems, according to American Lifan themselves, that they dumped a bunch of unsold GY-2's to ATV Discounters, who is not an authorized dealer for them.

So now, they were happy to get rid of their bikes, and are laughing at those "suckers" who bought them, and cannot register them. According to one member, after calling American Lifan, they actually told him to trade his worthless bike in on a genuine American Lifan bike!

If you really want to consider a Lifan product, go to Hooper Imports. I know that several people have ordered his Lifan, branded as "Skygo" and have not had problems registering them.

The only way I would suggest getting an American Lifan is to go to a dealer, but then I would still have the thoughts of American Lifan employees laughing at me in my head, if my local authorized dealer messes something up and I had to call American Lifan.

Either go to Hooper, or seriously consider another brand altogether--Hi-Bird, Zongshen, Roketa, Shineray, Viva, etc.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard