Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2019, 10:53 AM   #1

Denali 200cc

There’s bike im looking at called the Denali 200. It’s a 2015 and I was wondering if it’s a good bike at all ? Especially compared to the bashan blue eagle and the hawk. I’ve never heard of the Denali until today myself. Saw it on Craigslist for 1000$ and I got curious

Last edited by Braydicus; 09-06-2019 at 10:54 AM. Reason: The price of it.

Old 09-06-2019, 11:52 AM   #2

1000.00 I think is way to high priced. 500.00 would be more tempting. I agree with Jeffrey....keep looking. You can get a new hawk for what 1300.00 to 1400.00? Magician 1200.00. TBR7 drum brakes 1049.00 at powersportsmax. I would go new for that price.

AND welcome here!!!! ask any questions...loft of friendly folks here, and the knowledge is incredible.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 09-06-2019, 11:57 AM   #3

The had a decent following on this forum, somewhat due to the wide saddle and the USD forks. Nice looking bike, but way high at $1000.00

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-06-2019, 12:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
Just my opinion get the Bashan Blue Eagle or the Hawk forget the Denali.
The guy claims he’s put around 2000$ So that’s whats got me curious

Old 09-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #5

The TMEC is one of the rare China bikes with aluminum rims. Not sure if they all came with them. Here's an excellent thread on the bike: http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ghlight=denali

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #6

I loved mine. TMEC used to be imported by Excalibur Motorsports, and they carried a 17/17 wheel combo with street tires or 21/18 with DOT legal knobbies. TMEC did a kind of runaround Excalibur, and started selling them to Sunright.net but only with 21/18 wheels. That is where the Denalli name comes in, as well. Great bikes, decent quality. As mentioned, the rear hub is oddball and not the common Honda XL185 cloned one like most Chinese dual sports. I had to order a sprocket from a shop in the UK (JT brand), and the lowest teeth count is 48. Combined with the stock 17 countersprocket, I saw 60 to 65 or more mph if conditions were right top speed. The stock carb was fine for me. I owned my second one for 2 years and put 12k miles commuting 33 miles round trip daily. This was after a fairly serious accident about 4 months in which sidelined me with a fractured collarbone and elbow. I never repaired the bike, just hammered a few things and kept on riding. That being said, the newer bikes such as the Brozz (or any of the Bashans lineup) or the TT 250, etc. are probably a bit better quality. That was part of the reason Excalibur didn't care too much when they went to Sunright; the wholesale price was high, and there were a few quality control issues here and there. But the engine, from both of the ones I owned, was solid, and I never messed with either stock carb. Very strong for a 200cc and just as fast. $1000 might not be a bad price considering the new crop are all twice that. The Hawk, TBR7, and Magician need work from stock, so are probably a better comparison price wise and are a good negotiation point to get it for under $1k. I would say $700 to $800.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-06-2019, 02:52 PM   #7

Just out of curiosity, do you remember what sprocket they used?

Old 09-08-2019, 12:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you remember what sprocket they used?
JTR1134; common to the 125 Derbi Senda and several other street dual-sports found in Europe.

Stock TMEC countersprocket is the 17t sprocket common among Chinabikes--I believe the XR250 and a whole bunch of other Honda models.

The 17t stock combined with the JTR1134.48 was a good combo, but I do wish JT made a 46t. My bike had the 17/17 wheels and street tires, so was used on the street for daily commuting duties.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Tags
bashan, blueeagle, denali