Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 01:47 PM   #1

Failed in GA

I just took my MSO to the tag office, but it seems my "dealer" not licensed.

He claims to not need one, but he put a license number down on the back of the MSO when he filled it out. The number belongs to the distributer and it is expired. Can't be using the number from them he needs his own.

So I called American Lifan and talked to Sean and when I mentioned the distributer there was an OOOHH.

He said he would check into it for me.

The insurance through progressive was no problem.

Allen

Old 05-21-2007, 06:14 PM   #2

Shawn at American Lifan is working on my problem. Sounds like he may issue a new MSO. He promised me a registered bike and I think they may be checking on the "dealer" I bought from since he is not authorized.

The distributer for the metro Atlanta area is only about 25 miles away. I will probably have my damaged parts in a few days.

Allen

Old 05-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #3

I stopped in at the "dealer" today. He is going to fix it, by taking the MSO back to the distributer and getting a new one issued direct to me. I will give him the oppurtunity to fix it. I call Shawn back and told him and he said that a new MSO is already in the works being sent to the distributer and then to me. Sounds like it will be registered soon.

At least I am insured and it has a current tag from my old bike on it. I will give my "dealer" review after I have the bike titled.

Allen

Old 06-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #4

Called the dealer yesterday. He says he sent the mso back to AF to be reissued last wednesday. I call the distributer and they knew nothing. I spoke with a chinese sounding gentleman at AF and he says its the distributer has the mso. Not sure if he understood what I was asking. I called and left a message with Aaron at AF to have Shawn call me back.

It has been 3 weeks and I need to register it in the next 10 days or I have to pay penalties.

Shawn had assure me a registered bike so I am waiting for him to came through. I could care less about warranty items.

Allen

Old 06-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #5

YIKES!!!!!! 8O

Old 06-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #6

I put the bike on a major credit card to cover me in case of problems. I am going to give him until next Wednesday to get it right or I will dispute the charge.

I think he will come through. He has been in business for 30 years, but is not an authorized AL dealer. He was getting the bikes through the AL distributer down the road and AL knows all about it.

Allen

Old 06-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #7

Dealer call me today. He said the new MSO is being overnighted and I wil be able to pick it up on Monday. That means that Tuesday will be they day the I am hopefully legal.

Allen

Old 06-14-2007, 09:52 AM   #8

Update. I am legal

Finally got my MSO back with a new dealer number and took it down to the tag office and it went right through. I have the only Lifan in Barrow County, GA.

My new headlight bulb is suppose to come today and I need to adjust the chain and replace an engine mounting bolt and I am ready to commute.

Allen

Old 06-16-2007, 07:27 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
congrats man! such a pain to deal with that stuff i know, but its easily forgotten when you turn your bike on and ride off on the road without worries.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #10

I am glad to hear the good news. I guess it was the paperwork holding you back all this time. I remember reading about cars in "Hot Rod" in the 80's and how one could register some pretty outrageous machinery for the street in Georgia. If I remember from another magazine, there was a guy from somewhere in Europe who went so far as registering some Porche model in Georgia (yes, in the US, not the former Soviet republic) because it was a race only model and the easiest place to street register it was Georgia, but he drove it on the streets of his country.

Now, a few decades later, and you had trouble with a 200cc bike, but it was paperwork issues, and not the bike itself at least.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-16-2007, 08:47 PM   #11

Yes, the issue fell in the dealer license number had expired.

For all those that register in GA, just make sure you have a dealer number for the MSO.

I have register cars here with a bill of sale only that I printed on the computer.

Trailers and vehicles older than 85 don't need titles and some people have been able to register converted dirt bikes here too, but I think the state is starting to make that more difficult.

They never ask any questions about the bike and the only paperwork I gave them was the MSO.

I live within hearing distance of Road Atlanta and they produce alot of race cars nearby. The Panoz roadster is built about 5 miles from me.

Well now that it is legal I just need to keep it going.

Thanks, Allen

Old 09-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #12

I tried registering in GA. My bill of sale says one thing (Ebay name) and the MSO says another. This would not fly at the DMV, even though I got them to write a letter stating the ebay name was the actuall dealer and all that. Tried to get a new MSO but when I called the company is just a bunch of asians who can barely say hello in engrish. So basically I have a useless bike now.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #13

you may try to register your bike in a bordering state then transfer it to Ga.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:41 PM   #14

I still don't have a title, but the seller has been working on it. It has been a few weeks so I need to follow up again.

GA seems to be difficult on these things.

A bonded title might be an option too.

Was the bike advertised as being street legal am able to be registered?
Did you pay with a credit card? You can dispute to charge and someone from the seller that speaks english may be found.

Allen

Old 09-20-2007, 09:55 PM   #15

S_FLeX, Could you post where your bike was purchased so others may avoid this seller.

Thanks

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein