Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2019, 01:08 PM   #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troiani49 View Post
Is the BMS CRP 250 engine counterbalance, if not how are the vibrations at highway speed’s?

Nope, the CRP250 engine is not counterbalanced. We didn't notice vibration, but we were still breaking them in so we weren't at highway speed for any prolonged amount of time.

Old 01-22-2019, 11:26 PM   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRider View Post
I finally finished modifying my seat to make it a more rideable height for me. It really freaked me out to be cutting into the seat foam, but it turned out pretty decent.

I ended up taking out 2-1/2 inches, maybe a little more. Cutting the foam was pretty tricky, and I had to do a lot of work to get it smooth after the cut. We got the seat cover back on without too much trouble.

The whole thing was worth it though, since it makes the bike a much safer and more controlled height for me. Here are pictures of my modified seat compared to the stock seat on my husband's bike.

[IMG][/IMG]

Excellent job on the seat mod. It's hard to tear into something new and probably make it look terrible. It looks like a professional job . Also on my TBR7 i could have loosened the preload on the rear spring and dropped the fork tubes in the triple clamps, Is that an option on your bikes to drop them a little more if needed ? it might help with the future father/son project that someone else had mentioned on your thread.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:16 AM   #123

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsstag View Post
Excellent job on the seat mod. It's hard to tear into something new and probably make it look terrible. It looks like a professional job . Also on my TBR7 i could have loosened the preload on the rear spring and dropped the fork tubes in the triple clamps, Is that an option on your bikes to drop them a little more if needed ? it might help with the future father/son project that someone else had mentioned on your thread.
We lowered the front forks by about 3/4 of an inch. That change, combined with the new seat height, really made a difference. The bike is now a very comfortable height for me -- I'm nearly flat footed when I'm on it. The height and handling now feel very safe and controlled.

I was nervous about cutting into the seat foam, but it worked out just fine.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:04 AM   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthRider View Post
Jerry's right -- no gas guage. We didn't see any sending plate or float in the tank, so so it's really not set up to add one as a future mod.
Wow, there's a real deal breaker, no gas guage! Since I've never had, or ridden a motorcycle that had a gas guage, AND have never run out of gas, although I've been on reserve many times, I obviously have missed out on one of the main pleasures of motor cycling...ARH

Old 01-23-2019, 11:15 AM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Wow, there's a real deal breaker, no gas guage! Since I've never had, or ridden a motorcycle that had a gas guage, AND have never run out of gas, although I've been on reserve many times, I obviously have missed out on one of the main pleasures of motor cycling...ARH
A fuel gauge is a nice thing to have, but not entirely necessary. I have had bikes without them, and once I had an understanding of their typical range it really didn't matter. With the Hawk style bikes and their 3 to 3.5 gallon range, being ready to fill up around 150 miles is a fairly safe estimate.

Even with a fuel gauge, they aren't the most accurate. Both of my Hawks would blink the fuel light with a gallon left in the tank.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Last edited by Megadan; 01-23-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Old 01-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #126

fuel gauge

As far as I'm concerned most of the other china bikes don't come with a fuel gauge either LOL. The one on my 2019 Tao reads peak full until the tank is down to like 1/4 or less, then it starts to come down just a hair (more on this when I post my review) . I say again LOL!

Old 05-06-2019, 03:10 PM   #127

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skibrat View Post
I am currently waiting for my BMS CRP 250 bought from Don Hopper’s site, shopapmc.com. Price is $1399. Not including shipping.
What sold me on the bike was, it’s a Bashan, 49 state legal, the 21,18 wheels, dual disc brakes, inverted forks, and a low 29” seat height. I’m hoping to teach my son how to ride a motorcycle and was going to buy the DB-41H enforcer but Don talked me into the BMS with the lower seat height.
Hoping to be a nice Father-Son project on the build.
Any specific mods needed for the bike would truly be appreciated.
How did things go with Don? He's been great with me. I just ordered, so we shall see how the shipping goes.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:23 PM   #128

Thanks for this thread NorthRider, I love all the pics! It will help me with my decision process. Looks like nice bikes!

Old 05-20-2019, 08:57 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
Thanks for this thread NorthRider, I love all the pics! It will help me with my decision process. Looks like nice bikes!
If you end up getting a BMS, I think you'll be happy -- I know we're really happy with our choice!

Old 11-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #130

New BMS250 on the road

Thanks, NorthRider for all the useful info. I purchased one and now have it together and registered (VA). Still have a few mods to do but it's running. Bought it mostly for commuter bike.
VA DMV took some time to register as they had to 'add' Bashan to their database.

Old 11-14-2019, 03:36 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddb4 View Post
Thanks, NorthRider for all the useful info. I purchased one and now have it together and registered (VA). Still have a few mods to do but it's running. Bought it mostly for commuter bike.
VA DMV took some time to register as they had to 'add' Bashan to their database.
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new bike.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 11-16-2019, 05:18 PM   #132

Hey todd welcome aboard! We also have the bms and northrider helped us tremendously. If you need any addition info you can check out my thread on the bms
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 11-18-2019, 11:15 AM   #133

New BMS CRP250 on the road

Seems to running OK, but I get some knocking at higher RPM's. would this be the valves? I have not checked them yet.

I changed out the carb for a [fake] Mikuni with 110/40 jets. (the factory K. carb was not bad with 105/34 jets). I have not noticed much improvement in performance yet. hopefully will be a little easier to start/warmup.

New NGK D8EA plug.

I also cut my seat down (as I am only 5'6"). Still on my toes, but better now. I was excited to see this bike had a 29" seat height on ALL the web sites (hah!).

Old 11-18-2019, 09:05 PM   #134

Quote:
Interesting that you are apparently the only person with a Bashan in Virginia! There are several Bashan bikes out there distributed by a few distributors, but they would all use the same VINs. The Brozz is very popular (and very similar to the BMS), not to mention the Storm, and the DB 41 (the Bashan clone of the Hawk). You must feel special!!

Quote:
Seems to running OK, but I get some knocking at higher RPM's. would this be the valves? I have not checked them yet.

I changed out the carb for a [fake] Mikuni with 110/40 jets. (the factory K. carb was not bad with 105/34 jets). I have not noticed much improvement in performance yet. hopefully will be a little easier to start/warmup.

New NGK D8EA plug.

I also cut my seat down (as I am only 5'6"). Still on my toes, but better now. I was excited to see this bike had a 29" seat height on ALL the web sites (hah!).
Valves are good to adjust so you have a baseline...I assume you warmed up the engine and dumped out that goo they ship the bikes with, for real oil? On the other hand, if you go to www.Brozz250.com, Jeff who works for Peace Motorsports has a few videos on assembling the Brozz (like I said, very much like your BMS) and he actually states the oil it ships with is ok to run it with for a few hundred miles as it is apparently real break-in oil. This will be up for debate.

Had you asked ahead of time, the seat height is 35" and BMS's site seems to be the only one that properly lists it. Perhaps they had the wrong height when they first carried these bikes and the 29" misinformation is what the online retailers ran with while BMS corrected their mistake? We will never know,

My personal opinion would have been to wait on the carb change until you have the engine broken in. These bikes tend to take about 500 miles to get there, and then you will notice a big change in performance. I am not saying you did anything wrong, but it seems that with these bikes, it is best to keep them stock through break-in more so you can notice the differences with parts as you fiddle or replace them.

Welcome aboard!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard