Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2020, 06:53 AM   #1

Hello!

Hi All, i am happy to be in a community with so many well versed, passionate riders. At the moment i am looking for a dual sport bike and would love to get something with a little more power than a 250. I love the idea of the reliability that comes with a four stroke but am not totally against a 2 stroke and everything that comes with it (IE. mixing gas, more maintenance (is there even a 2 stroke Chinese bike with a +250 engine?)). Any suggestions would be AMAZING. I look forward to laughing and learning as i meet you all!

Thanks,
Wrek

Old 01-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum, Wrek. Right now, the 250 is just about all there is, however there's starting to be some movement to larger displacement engines. The 250's provide adequate power for most people on the forum, but highway bikes they are not. CSC has come out with the RX4 this year, I believe. It might have been last year. In any event, it's a 450cc mill with a six speed gearbox. Here's a link: https://www.cscmotorcycles.com/defau...=xAllInventory

From all accounts, it's a pretty solid setup, but the price is approaching what a good used big-4 bike would be, or a new Royal Enfield, if that's your pleasure. I would say that the next three to four years are going to see some interesting jumps in displacement offerings, but at the same time the prices are going to change, as well. Where are you located? Most of the people on the forum are very happy to share the riding experience and will probably let you ride their bike to get a feel for what they can do. If you're anywhere near Phoenix, that's an open offer from me. -E

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up

Old 01-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrek View Post
Hi All, i am happy to be in a community with so many well versed, passionate riders. At the moment i am looking for a dual sport bike Any suggestions would be AMAZING. I look forward to laughing and learning as i meet you
One member has been quoted as saying one needs a sense of humor to own a Chinese bike, so with you willing to laugh are showing you are half way there in spirit!

As far as larger dual sports go, Emerikol already pointed out there really are none available other than the adventure bike, CSC's RX4. For a new bike, it is a very good value. But a dual-sport, it probably isn't. Depending on what state you live in, you could convert a few available bikes to dual sport. Pitster Pro/GPX offers a 450 and a 250 2 stroke; both can and have been converted to street legal. SSR have a 300 and 450 dirt bike which can also be converted.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-27-2020, 12:02 PM   #4

Welcome!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-28-2020, 10:42 AM   #5

Welcome aboard! Don't forget to cuss one of these bullet proof bikes, aka "the china syndrome"!!!! LOL For the $$$ cant go wrong.
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".