Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #1

[IMG][/IMG]Hey whats up folks, im #22 (yea thats my nickname lol) new to the forum and a brand new rider. I have a million questions but ill start slow, and ask one at a time. Just bought my first bike, 2019 Apollo DB36 rx250. Have not rode it yet because of a few reasons, I have never rode a manual bike before, brakes dont work (not sure why) and I have a oil leak. Im excited to get started. I plan on fixing the bike myself if I can, small budget right now. Thanks in advance for the help! (tried to show picture of the bike but its says file too large, took the pic on my phone)

Last edited by SpeedRager22; 09-08-2021 at 03:58 AM.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #2

Welcome! You came to the right place to learn about these bikes. Here is a link about uploading pictures. They need to be resized or use an image hosting site works real well. Take a look at the Resource Guide top of the Dual Sport posts for ideas.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=14422&page=2

Old 09-08-2021, 12:27 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Rider 27 View Post
Welcome! You came to the right place to learn about these bikes. Here is a link about uploading pictures. They need to be resized or use an image hosting site works real well. Take a look at the Resource Guide top of the Dual Sport posts for ideas.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...t=14422&page=2
thanks man, but ive been trying to upload photos for an hr and still no luck, wish this forum has new technology lol

Old 09-08-2021, 09:32 AM   #4

I'm just an old guy who's not computer savvy but this is what I do and it works great for posting pics.
Take pic with phone
Send picture to email, it will ask what size, choose Medium ( I have a Iphone)
Open email document, hit save as, name your document
Posting on china riders, hit manage attachments, hit choose file, scroll through your computers pictures until you find the one you want to post, double click, it will show the pic link, hit upload.
Your all set
2022 Venom Ghost chopper 250
1997 Honda GL1500 Goldwing
1978 Kawasaki KL250
https://youtube.com/@herbiesgarage681

Old 09-08-2021, 11:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbie View Post
I'm just an old guy who's not computer savvy but this is what I do and it works great for posting pics.
Take pic with phone
Send picture to email, it will ask what size, choose Medium ( I have a Iphone)
Open email document, hit save as, name your document
Posting on china riders, hit manage attachments, hit choose file, scroll through your computers pictures until you find the one you want to post, double click, it will show the pic link, hit upload.
Your all set
wow that simple, thanks a lot buddy

Old 09-08-2021, 03:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRager22 View Post
[IMG][/IMG]Hey whats up folks, im #22 (yea thats my nickname lol) new to the forum and a brand new rider. I have a million questions but ill start slow, and ask one at a time. Just bought my first bike, 2019 Apollo DB36 rx250. Have not rode it yet because of a few reasons, I have never rode a manual bike before, brakes dont work (not sure why) and I have a oil leak. Im excited to get started. I plan on fixing the bike myself if I can, small budget right now. Thanks in advance for the help! (tried to show picture of the bike but its says file too large, took the pic on my phone)
I'm assuming both brakes are discs. Most likely they'll need refilled with brake fluid and bled. Fairly simple procedure, any decent motorcycle shop manual or even YT video can get you through it.

The bigger issue for you will be learning how to use the clutch and shift gears. Find someone who knows how to do these things, because trying to teach yourself to use a manual clutch on a bike is certain to lead to learning to pick your bike up off the ground.

Try learning to drive a manual tranny car first, since the skills needed transfer to a bike, and a car won't fall over when you inevitably stall the engine.

Old 09-08-2021, 09:18 PM   #7

I’m on my own with everything, I’ll learn the hard way but I’ll learn. I’ll fix the bike myself hopefully with help from here and Youtube.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:14 PM   #8

Make sure that the brake discs are clean, they ship with an anti corrosion oil on them that makes the baked ineffective, and it also kills pads (so possibly look into replacing the brake pads if that was the problem).

Tags
apollo 250 rx, new bike