Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2022, 12:41 PM   #1

Head Scratching Roketa won’t start

Hello,
I’m new to forum. I have a 50cc Roketa and I can’t get it to start from the push button. When I turn the key on I have no lights and when squeeze the break lever no break lights. Here’s the kicker, I can jump the solenoid posts and get to start and run. It will still turn off with key and kill switch. I ordered a complete wiring harness and installed that. I have them same results. Any help would be great.

Old 08-17-2022, 02:08 PM   #2

If I had to guess I would be thinking it might be something with one of your brake switches, especially since you are saying the brake lights don't come on. I'd grab a multimeter and check all the brake switches first just to rule that out. I had a couple of GIO's and they both required you to hold the brake lever when starting them.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:24 PM   #3

I agree with MICRider. To check your rear brake switch, grab a pair of needle nose pliers and pull on the switch to activate your brake light. If it works, adjust the switch body by loosening the nuts that hold it on until the foot pedal activates the light. If not, check the wiring to the switch. You can follow the wires from the switch up to the plug. Disconnect the plug and run a jumper between the two pins/sockets. If the light comes on the switch itself is probably bad. As for the front, check to see if the two wires are attached to the brake lever switch. If they are, disconnect the wires and jump them together. If the light still won't go on, there is a problem with one (or both) of the two wires. If the light does go on, the switch is probably bad.
2016 Tao Tao 125D