Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2016, 06:58 PM   #14

I changed to a 110 main jet, man what a difference! My stock main was a 98. I went cheap and drilled out the screws in the stock carb since I figure one Chinese knockoff is just as good as any other, saved $40 in the process.

The bike is definitely more responsive and pings much less. I had noticed earlier that a mild strain at under 3k rpms would produce an occasional ping, that is now completely gone. Absolutely no bogging what-so-ever now. It also seemed that after my high speed run the engine was noticeably cooler...though that is probably just in my head.

I have no increase in top speed, but it gets there slightly quicker. I think I need to drop down to a 16 tooth front. Where I live there are lots of hills, and where there isn't a hill there is that Oklahoma wind sweeping down the plains... 17/45 is just too much I think for my 200lb 6'2" airbrake of a body.

Happy as can be with this bike, now to get a freer exhaust and to sort out some luggage...and also more street oriented tires since I'm about 80% street 20% dirt.