Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2016, 01:11 PM   #1

Check your rear brakes.

I haven't really rode a whole lot, but like others, what little time I have the bike hasn't really been real strong. Would hardly act like it would lift the front wheel.

Started off the other day as I would normally do, stop by the bank, get something to eat, ect. On my way I went to hit the rear brake, it wouldn't budge. The bolt that helps determine height had worked its way loose and shook down till it had started pressing the pedal down slightly. I pulled over adjusted it with the little wrench in the tool kit, thank god.

Now all of a sudden the bike is a whole new beast. So much so that i let it get away from me. Anyway all I have to say is thank you CSC rack.

2010 Sachs Madass 125
2015 CSC Cyclone RX-3
2016 CSC TT 250

Old 10-24-2016, 01:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiggyd View Post
I haven't really rode a whole lot, but like others, what little time I have the bike hasn't really been real strong. Would hardly act like it would lift the front wheel.

Started off the other day as I would normally do, stop by the bank, get something to eat, ect. On my way I went to hit the rear brake, it wouldn't budge. The bolt that helps determine height had worked its way loose and shook down till it had started pressing the pedal down slightly. I pulled over adjusted it with the little wrench in the tool kit, thank god.

Now all of a sudden the bike is a whole new beast. So much so that i let it get away from me. Anyway all I have to say is thank you CSC rack.
hadnt you noticed any drag when moving the bike around in neutral?

Motocheese has warned us to make sure there is a tiny bit of play to prevent the brake from binding up. I have cheked it a few times..

never had to worry about wheelies, I can get it up over a log or the like, but its never come up on its own.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:05 AM   #3

I think the stop bolt on mine has a jam nut to prevent it from backing out. I better go check...

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-25-2016, 05:08 PM   #4

I never noticed a difficulty of it moving in neutral because it was there from the beginning. It was a new bike. I checked the play in he pedal when I first got it but I didn't check the lock nuts.

After checking the damage to my bike it looks like I'll seen a new frame I guess. Bracket that holds the right foot rest and the rear brake spring is all smashed and twisted to hell and the welds are broken. Other than that it looks fairly intact, and my rack has an upward sweep. Either way I can't ride it if I don't have a place to put my foot down.

2010 Sachs Madass 125
2015 CSC Cyclone RX-3
2016 CSC TT 250

Old 10-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiggyd View Post
I never noticed a difficulty of it moving in neutral because it was there from the beginning. It was a new bike. I checked the play in he pedal when I first got it but I didn't check the lock nuts.

After checking the damage to my bike it looks like I'll seen a new frame I guess. Bracket that holds the right foot rest and the rear brake spring is all smashed and twisted to hell and the welds are broken. Other than that it looks fairly intact, and my rack has an upward sweep. Either way I can't ride it if I don't have a place to put my foot down.
I wouldn't think you need a new frame. Just about any body with a MIG or TIG welder can fix you up.