Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Video and Pics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2021, 10:42 AM   #31

One thing not mentioned by the OP... how do you set the valve timing once you've had the cam out and the head off?

Charles.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #32

Usually there are marks that align on the head and cam sprockets. If not, use two dots of nail polish (or a paint marker) on the sprockets and head to mark where they were aligned, and then two different marks on the sprockets and timing chain to make sure the chain stays aligned.

Then, usually you get like a coat hanger or something to hold the chain in place, and then you fish the cylinder through that while maintaining tension on the chain.

Another way you could do that is remove the flywheel cover and mark a third spot on the crank sprocket and chain.

An additional way would be to forget about the chain placement, get a degree wheel, find actual TDC with a piston stop upon reinstalling the cylinder and head, and then using the marks for the cams, throw the chain on.

Make sure the tensioners and guides are properly lined up, and that you mark for tensioner uninstalled if marking the chain, someone installed the bbk without getting the chain guides lined up, and they had issues getting it together.

Old 06-20-2021, 06:31 PM   #33

Any idea if this is able to fit the X-Pro Zongshen 250cc?? I'm very quickly running out of speed.. and torque.. for how I ride that is.

I've been looking at some of the 300 kits, but very, very unsure if this or the others would even fit.. MAN would this thing really open up with a big bore kit...

Sounds good!

Old 06-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #34

Yours is air cooled, right? If so, no, it won't work

Old 06-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by franque View Post
Yours is air cooled, right? If so, no, it won't work
Well.. crap. Was hoping that wasn't going to be the caveat - but yes, it's air cooled

Been thinking about getting a Honda 250cc with 6 gears but still no idea if that would work either lol

Have you had it together enough for a ride?? Very curious about the power / torque increase and top speed!

Old 06-21-2021, 12:41 AM   #36

I don't have one. Depending on what model your motor is, Joe Henner (search Facebook for Zongshen Performance parts) is working on a bbk for the motors that are really 250cc... Perhaps that is an option for you? What is the actual motor code?

Old 06-21-2021, 11:03 PM   #37

Quote:
What is the actual motor code?
Eh, would this be on the engine anywhere? I did notice that I don't have an oil view window

Old 06-22-2021, 12:26 AM   #38

Below and in front of the shifter, same place for any of the air cooled motors. It should be something like "1XXFMM". The XXs would be replaced with two digits, and it might have a dash and then a number.

Old 06-22-2021, 12:45 AM   #39

Quote:
Below and in front of the shifter, same place for any of the air cooled motors. It should be something like "1XXFMM". The XXs would be replaced with two digits, and it might have a dash and then a number.
Gotcha - ZS165FML

Old 06-22-2021, 12:58 AM   #40

This work???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/69mm-Big-Bo...3098796?_ul=CN

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-22-2021, 01:04 AM   #41

Quote:
I don't have one. Depending on what model your motor is, Joe Henner (search Facebook for Zongshen Performance parts) is working on a bbk for the motors that are really 250cc... Perhaps that is an option for you? What is the actual motor code?
Forgot to mention - I'm not on FaceSpace anymore. Got off years ago, been great ever since lol

Old 06-22-2021, 07:20 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
His bike has a CG 229 push rod OHV engine.
Whose? I've got a SOHC setup..

I'm just waiting for someone that knows my engine; apparently different than the Hawks and such.. go me!

I'm not exactly sure if the Orion has the same engine as mine either - though it's a cheaper version of the RXB 250's..

Old 06-23-2021, 03:58 PM   #43

Give Joe Henner a call, I'll pm you his number. The Chinese don't use codes to distinguish between OHC/pushrod, so that person you quoted probably jumped the gun. Henner ports heads and has other mods available that might interest you.

Old 06-23-2021, 05:15 PM   #44

Quote:
Give Joe Henner a call, I'll pm you his number. The Chinese don't use codes to distinguish between OHC/pushrod, so that person you quoted probably jumped the gun. Henner ports heads and has other mods available that might interest you.
Definitely appreciate it, man!

I just found a Lifan dealer over in Charleston WV, few hours from me. I'd like to go check it out just to see what they've got! I'm in the market for a street bike now just for fun. Not sure if they would have anything for me engine - but maybe could do some service! Also got a SS exhaust kit but doesn't exactly fit - need a bend..

I'll be giving Joe a call for sure though!