Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2023, 11:03 AM   #1

Thumbs Up Templar X: Mods & Accessories OPEN Discussion

imageupload

Here's my bike, have a lot done to it so far. Just wanted to create an open discussion thread of what everyone is doing to their templar X's. It's an addiction really modding this thing. Couldn't be happier with it either I really do enjoy it immensely. If you have pics post em tell me what everyone is up to!!!

• Renthal oversized 1 1/8" FatBars, StickyGrips, Nibbi Throttle, Nibbi 30mm Carburetor, Nibbi Ignition, NGK Plug, RX Xring Chain, Upgraded sprockets for top end, 788 PowerCore2 Pro Tork Full Exhaust System, Shinko 7058s, Co1/Senge Graphics Kit, collapsable shifter, steel brake lines, EnjoyMFG Seat Cover, MSD spark wires, Dunlop barkbusters, aftermarket CDi, rear lights rewired under rear fender (clean now)

Old 08-02-2023, 10:52 AM   #2

Part question

i need a new rear sprocket did you find one that goes on without customizing and if so what tooth is it?

Old 08-02-2023, 04:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigsWardon2K View Post
i need a new rear sprocket did you find one that goes on without customizing and if so what tooth is it?
For what? Templar? X?, M?, 5 or 6 speed? MY?

Old 08-05-2023, 05:53 PM   #4

So far I've added a 30mm Nibbi and a much better headlight suggested by one of the inmates here. The Nibbi was a nice "plug and play" upgrade, the stock carb can certainly be jetted properly but I admit I'm a sucker for pretty anodized things. The headlight is a game changer as I do plan to ride this bike at night and it went from abysmal lighting to excellent for about $50.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230722_182511.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	29849  
GasGas TXT 125

Old 09-12-2023, 11:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikd View Post
So far I've added a 30mm Nibbi and a much better headlight suggested by one of the inmates here. The Nibbi was a nice "plug and play" upgrade, the stock carb can certainly be jetted properly but I admit I'm a sucker for pretty anodized things. The headlight is a game changer as I do plan to ride this bike at night and it went from abysmal lighting to excellent for about $50.
Do you have a link for that headlight?

Old 09-12-2023, 11:20 AM   #6

I've kept the stock carb but rejetted
Did cat delete on exhaust
Installed preload spacers in forks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230911_203449747.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	30051  

Old 09-12-2023, 01:53 PM   #7

Carb rejet on my '23 X. Lowered it a bit by drilling new holes for the lower of the rear shock. Put on hand guards. Found the stock headlight bulb horrifyingly dim. A new LED bulb fixed that for me without needing a new complete headlight. But I went overkill and mounted a pair of LED off-road type lights on either side of it anyway.
Currently fitting a trunk/backrest thing to try and convince my wife to ride on the back. Also maybe I might carry things in it when commuting. Maybe. Making it quickly removable.
Bought a piece of pipe to replace the converter but that's as far as I've gotten with that.

For the future I'm still looking out for a complete rear wheel assembly so to make tire swaps from street to off-road easier.

Old 09-13-2023, 10:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Carb rejet on my '23 X. Lowered it a bit by drilling new holes for the lower of the rear shock. Put on hand guards. Found the stock headlight bulb horrifyingly dim. A new LED bulb fixed that for me without needing a new complete headlight. But I went overkill and mounted a pair of LED off-road type lights on either side of it anyway.
Currently fitting a trunk/backrest thing to try and convince my wife to ride on the back. Also maybe I might carry things in it when commuting. Maybe. Making it quickly removable.
Bought a piece of pipe to replace the converter but that's as far as I've gotten with that.

For the future I'm still looking out for a complete rear wheel assembly so to make tire swaps from street to off-road easier.
Do you have a link for the headlight bulb you used?

Old 09-13-2023, 01:49 PM   #9

Had to buy a pair but I figured they were cheap enough I'd have a spare.
https://www.temu.com/goods.html?_bg_..._page_sn=10045

Tags
accessories, cb250f, mods, performance, templarx