Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:39 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by idcountryboy1
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll174/idcountryboy/tommy003.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...y/tommy006.jpg

here are the pics
Just get a new master link and put it were the broken link is . I bet your muffler bearings went out when that broke, you might want to get new ones .

Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #32

If the muffler bearings were even installed in the first place.
The chinese dont know the difference between a muffler bearing and a kahooten(<s.p.) valve.

This whole chain problem of his probably left him with a bent johnson rod also.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #33

Probably just better off replacing all of them then, plus a master link . My bike had muffler bearings but were bad quality . I had to replace them with henweighs racing bearings.

Old 04-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #34

ok whats a henweigh ?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #35

About

Henweigh ?
About three pounds of henweigh for him will do if I remember right

Don't just replace the master link and clip, the chain is shot . Don't kill this poor guy :(
Seriously, don't mess with a chain, you'll die or get hurt real bad from breakage in some cases . Mostly they fly backwards , yes . Sometimes they take legs, ankles , feet , and lock the bike up too .
Not good at 50 + mph on a 250cc China bike .

Keep it safe , but fun too .

Cheers , Kellyout

Old 04-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #36

true kelly, but it will calm the guys nerves down until he gets a new one. im sure the old chain has a few rides left in it , if its lubed a tight.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #37

Thats funny

Thats kinda funny Oncedead , I thought the plane had gas in it too before we crashed .
The people that built the Titanic thought it was unsinkable too . People actually think we are the only intelegent life forms in the Universe too . Cheese is not orange . Hamburgers are not made of Ham . Nascar is the only sport worth watching ( although mostly true ) . There is no Man in the Moon, there are several woman actually .
Can you actually say that chain is safe ????? Notta !!!! 8O

See my point ? Is it worth risking your life on a KNOWN abused chain that has already been tweaked to the limits of tweak from breaking, to even consider using it again ???? Not I ....

The links that are near that break are gonzo, double live gonzo to be exact . Don't use it or you'll be sorry .

Cheers, its your butt not mine IDcountryboy1 .

Kelly out

Old 04-13-2008, 08:52 PM   #38

Re: Thats funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly5150
Thats kinda funny Oncedead , I thought the plane had gas in it too before we crashed .
The people that built the Titanic thought it was unsinkable too . People actually think we are the only intelegent life forms in the Universe too . Cheese is not orange . Hamburgers are not made of Ham . Nascar is the only sport worth watching ( although mostly true ) . There is no Man in the Moon, there are several woman actually .
Can you actually say that chain is safe ????? Notta !!!! 8O

See my point ? Is it worth risking your life on a KNOWN abused chain that has already been tweaked to the limits of tweak from breaking, to even consider using it again ???? Not I ....

The links that are near that break are gonzo, double live gonzo to be exact . Don't use it or you'll be sorry .

Cheers, its your butt not mine IDcountryboy1 .

Kelly out
so then are any china bikes chains safe?

Old 04-13-2008, 09:57 PM   #39

Some are

Some are . If they are built to spec , Industry standard spec , inspected by the known International safety orginization that inspects China factorys' for spec and quality . So, yes, most are fine , but were compairing again, not keeping to the subject at hand here, and that is his chain and it being safe . Not whether China chains are safe or not .
His chain isn't safe , fact .
Some China chains are not safe either , fact. Did his break from China grade being bad quality on that bike ? I doubt it, looks like neglect to me .
I have the same bike , but Viva with a Gold chain , looks like a quality chain to me , but what do I know ?
I wear a Shoei Helmet when I ride the Norton, not because its a helmet with a cool name , but because my head is worth the $350 dollars I spent on it ten years ago . This is about safety now, HIS . Is it worth advising someone to get another ride or two out of his KNOWN screwed up abused chain without at least considering what will be happening to him probably if he does that ? If the master link came apart , I would whole hardedly agree with you , but the fact I seen the chain in pictures tells me I would throw it away even if the master link had come loose too . That chain is hammered man , period, look at the chain man ? How could it be safe to use ? Explain that concept to me would ya ?
A new chain is only $20 up to $100 . Choose which you can afford, they are all good chains if its a good brand . I ran a JC Whitney chain on the Norton once , regular good quality $ 35.00 ( ? ) for 10,000 miles , hard riding, so your butts worth at least that much isn't it ? Chain imperfections are kinda rare, abuse and neglect are common .

Cheers, Kelly

Old 04-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #40

I think the china bike chains are safe if maintained but I wouldnt push them to the extreme and expect them to hold.
IMO most everythig on these china bikes are going to fail if pushed to hard and it really is a short push.
That being said I have ran my bike hard with no catastrophic failures but then I do like to give it a looksee from time to time.

I keep thinking of the mad max movie when they took out the goose.

Old 04-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #41

Just a side note, I thought the Snell Institute specifically said a helmet more than 5 years old is garbage? If I remember right, they felt Sun deterioration, sweat and cleaning caused the plastic and the lining to deteriorate to the point where it was no longer safe/useable...

2 posts in 1 day! A new record for me!
--Vince

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceDrake
Just a side note, I thought the Snell Institute specifically said a helmet more than 5 years old is garbage? If I remember right, they felt Sun deterioration, sweat and cleaning caused the plastic and the lining to deteriorate to the point where it was no longer safe/useable...

2 posts in 1 day! A new record for me!
--Vince
Sorry Kelly Buddy but I was thinking this exact thing and then I read this...

Indeed Mr. Speaker...Let me tell you one time...
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-13-2008, 10:26 PM   #43

Crappy helmets

Your probably right .
I think the crappier your helmet is that claim of snells would hold more true because of manufacturing crappy helmets of crappy materials will certainly deteriorate . Shoei only warns me of dropping it, or cracking it , scraping it to the inner shell, or something worse , but nothing to do with Sun exposure or sweat . I think snell owns stock in the helmet companies ? Just like Good Year not putting out a tire that will last 250,000 miles and still perform . They could but they would be out of bussiness .

Cheerios , good point though !!!!

Kelly out

Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 PM   #44

guess you better get a new helmet along with some chains . haha

Old 04-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #45

idcountry, there is a thread (I think it might even be a sticky) on converting the chain to a 520 here. Of course that was a Lifan enduro with a 200cc, but there must be some sort of comparison for a 520 and your 250cc

Here is the sticky:

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=1393

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Closed Thread