Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2008, 08:54 PM   #16

I keep looking at this thread to see that first picture.

Those bikes are HOT!
Very nice!
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 AM   #17

front fender

kelly5150 ,
I likes your front fender - where did you get it? Is it an off the shelf replacement?

I ordered 1 black and 1 blue VX250 and ended up with the 2 blacks - first thing I did after assembly was to remove all the goofy stickers, front fairings and the emissions junk. Left my sons emission stuff alone just in case mine started acting funny. No ill effects from removing that stuff just alot less clutter under the tank.

400 -500 cc engine in the VX frame would be a tough fit.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:18 AM   #18

Tokerev

Tokarev,
I got the Fender from Motorcycle Superstore , great people there , extremely fast shipping. I think its off a 1996 KX 125 if I remember right ? I could look it up if you need, just ask me . Bolts right up, no messing around with it whatsoever . It is good quality UFO Plastic , the real stuff .
I am so lazy, but my smogs going away too and carb soon , but I have alot of bikes I am messing with currently, just never got to it.
Since your here reading this, I want to personally tell you how nice your bikes look !!! I have to say I like the one that is stock better than yours, but I also think the Air-Dams are there for good reason, to grab air for the Motor and they do work that way , I have put my hand there at 50 mph and it blows good air at the motor . Trail riding you probably don't need it, but speed racer stuff, you do .
Your right about the 400 or 500 fitting tough , never entered my mind on one of these Perimeter framed bikes. They are a drag to work on compaired to Traditional, but man they are strong, no flex at all.
I remember uncrating this beast, throwing the front fender out into the yard and stomping on it , first thing. I thought to myself, YOU got to be kidding ? How is this thing ever going to keep the mud off you or your motor ???
They look kinda cool, but mine looks better .

Cheers man, and you must like Russian guns Tokarev ???
Later, kelly5150

Old 04-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #19

I'm wondering if this model of bike will eventually evolve into an SX lites type of bike, it's already a 250 4 stroke, but would need to be liquid cooled and race ready (really high rev limiter/no rev limiter), also race ready suspension.

Other than that stuff, those bikes look almost on par with the other sx lites bikes. Actually i remember finding a liquid cooled one a while back...i'll have to go website hunting and get back to you guys

Old 04-16-2008, 06:38 PM   #20

Chigongjitsu

Chigongjitsu ,

I wish they would make one in a water-cooled version ? Not sure why they don't make them ? Would be simple to just buy any water-cooled ATV motor and slap it in there though . Same size, same everything . Then you could have reverse too if you wanted one Chigongjitsu 8O . That would be freightening on this bike . Nice for backing out of the garage though .
Sounds to me you got the X-Moto Brand Bike bug and your going to be buying one of these like Tokarevs and mine soon ?
Cannot remember where he bought those sweet looking black ones ?
Mayeb he'll chime, in, this is his post anwyay . Man I sure like the looks of his bikes !!! They are awsome looking .

Cheerios, kelly

Old 04-16-2008, 07:37 PM   #21

Send a message via Yahoo to panamarandy
pretty sharp bikes...

Old 04-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #22

hey yall i jump my db out here in big ole blanchard you know who i am lol but not on big ones i cleaned the spare bedroom and have a chain on the way tomorrow

Old 04-17-2008, 09:51 AM   #23

fender part number

kelly5150,
Could I get that fender part # from you.
In most all movies they always paint the bad guys bikes black. I like solid color schemes - I guess I lean old school when it comes to colors on bikes.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:11 PM   #24

I've been doing some searching for either one of the viva/xmotos bikes, but i wonder if i could find any of these models also

http://www.roketa.com/product/7/0/14632.shtml

http://www.roketa.com/product/7/0/36312.shtml <~this yamaha look-alikelooks pretty rad

where did you viva/xmotos guys buy your bikes?

http://www.xmotos.com/XB-31B.htm

the first pic on this page shows the xb-31 with a liquid cooled engine, looks like they're stepping up to the plate a bit more with each bike

I'll have to do more searching, i couldn't find any of the liquid cooled xb-31's online yesterday, but i'll let everybody know if i do (maybe i should start a new thread if i find alot more info)

Old 04-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #25

Tokarev

Tokarev ,
I did not keep any reciepts eccept the Bike Purchase bill of sale on this particular bike .

I was wrong about where I bought it too, it is Faster-Motocross.com , the owners name is Bret , you can e-mail him personally or order on-line or call him .
His personal e-Mail is bret@faster-motorcross.com , please tell him I sent you too because of his excellent products and excellent customer service I got . Don't forget that part of this please .
His number is 1-800-460-6880
Part number I do not have, but I found my e-mail to him, and it is a 1996 Kawi Green UFO front fender, on sale right now, you lucky dog !
With shipping it is $25.14 to your door . Nice price, really nice heavy duty fender . UFO is a nice product Tokarev . They do have Black !!

Ha ha , I don't like stickers either !!!! I guess were old school for sure

Cheers, Kelly out

Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #26

ChiGongJitsu

Chigongjitsu ,
Yeh, you may want another threade, and I am sure this one is getting a little sidetracked with all the other stuff were talking about and it is Tokarevs anyway .
I got my bike from County Imports, but I highly advise you don't try them . I got terrible customer service and wrong products ( Whole ATV's ) twice for my girl . Not cool people .

Cheers, keep me posted but start another threade .

Kelly5150 out

Old 04-22-2008, 12:55 AM   #27

Jumping chinabikes = cracked frame.. Just from experience.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:50 AM   #28

Not true

I disagree, but that's ok too Oncedead .

Jumping China bikes at rediculous hights and lengths equals cracked frames . Two feet shorter two feet lower and we wouldn't be having this conversation about your bike .

I hope you got her welded up and jump some more a little lower and a little shorter and she is holding up good now ?

I do agree 30 footers are a no no on a DB27 .

Cheers, have a rgeat day, Kelly out

Old 04-22-2008, 09:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncedead
Jumping chinabikes = cracked frame.. Just from experience.
SO ! , carry a 110 power inverter , get a 110 ac low amp wire feed welder, (and welders mask) , put it in your gas guzzlin pickup,
do spot weldin for you or china riders out there so we can all have a safe and plesent riding day
:wink: DD

Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #30

where did it come from?

I moved the file cabinet that has the receipt for the bikes to my new shop. Try to dig it out tomorrow.