Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2011, 10:50 PM   #31

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Gio. It has limitations. My x31-250 cost $1042 all in shipped to my door. I primarily use it for trail building. I have an axe strapped to one side and a shovel on the other. The electric start is great when you've been working your ass off and it's really easy to ride with great low end power.
If I plan to ride like a lunatic. I have a Gasgas EC250 2 strike. a $7000 ride. It'll loft the front tire all the way up to 6th grear and takes 20 foot high jumps with ease.
Each has it's purpose IMO

Old 03-02-2011, 11:16 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroughside
Don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing Gio. It has limitations. My x31-250 cost $1042 all in shipped to my door.
Yep, if you watch the auctions closely you can get it for less, i was $885.50 to my door in ontario, and that was with a bid of $566, i got the 19/16 model, i'm kicking myself now for not getting the 21/19 model, seen one go the other day though for a bid of $418, darn.

Old 03-02-2011, 11:47 PM   #33

I got the 19/16 too. (I'm 6'2") It looks like a 125 under me.
When I show up on it for club trail work events, I get the usual question "thats a 250?"
But hey...it packs me and my tools through knarly, nasty single track, through 2 foot deep streams and up rocky rooted hill climbs

The buyers remorse comes when I loop the Gasgas and a buddy is saying "oh man that was kewl'
I want a Rekluse clutch- $1000
I want a rear trials tire- $200
and on it goes

Old 03-03-2011, 02:21 AM   #34

At the risk of hijacking this thread, have you guys considered swapping larger wheels onto your bikes?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 AM   #35

Hahaha....ur phunny
Changing wheels (don't know if there is enough swingarm room) isn't an issue for me. I like being laughed at..... followed by...wow...you made that look so easy
Thanks for the thought tho WG
I did change out the chain, wayyyy less stretch
Thinking about fabbing a hitch off the swingarm so I can tow a 4 wheel wagon

Old 03-03-2011, 02:49 AM   #36

I swapped 17 / 14 wheels onto my son's old pit bike, up from 14 / 12. A 14" rear wheel was the outer limit for that swingarm, but it worked. It helped me put off buying him a bigger bike for awhile, but he's 6'1" now. No more pit bike.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer