Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #1

Waiting on my XP200

I order a XP200 and it arrived at the dealer....was going to pick it up today, but I got a call; the battery is dead.

So I am waiting....anxiously.

It's a 2008 closeout, they sell them online at qlinkmotor.com $1,699.00 plus delivery $220.00, then tax and registration...the later is a dealer charge.

I plan to post my experience(s) as they come up.

I choose the Qlink because it seems to have good reputation and a 2yr warranty. I looked at a Zongshen which a local dealer had it was a 2006 a 200GY, cool bike but they would not deal on it. They were asking $1,900.00.

It was hard to decide...I also thought about getting the
Lifan but the colors are only red or blue....I wanted black.

I really liked the Zong with the smaller wheels and fatter tires, and also think the xf200 qlink is cool...but I am not crazy for the headlight on those and they cost more too. I also liked the blacked out look, but price and the warranty got me to the XF.

I am anxious.....and it's winter here; guess I will be anxious until I get it and the weather is good enough to break it in.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:37 PM   #2

Great choice. You will be delighted. I have a Zong and a Q and they are both excellent, but for any off road use the Q is the way to go, in stock form especially. The factory will stand behing their warantee, and all parts are easy to come by, and in Texas.

I wonder if the battery was ever filled in the first place? No worries, it's an off the shelf Yuasa so your dealer can put a new one in there no problem.

It's such a good deal on the closeout I think anyone who is on the fence should pull the trigger now!

The Zong you saw was priced quite high, IMHO.

The ZOng and the Q are head and shoulders above the Lifan in terms of quality, support, and performance. Nothing wrong with the Lifan, it's a great bike for what it is, and I had one of those too.

Indeed, I may be the only memeber here who's had one of each common design. Indeed, I've had 2 Q's.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #3

Cool, thanks for responding

I agree the zong was priced to high...I tried to get it for $1500.00 out the door, no deal.

I see them on the net for $1200.00...but thats in the crate and less freight. So I would still want the dealer to take delivery and register the bike and warranty.

I got Q sent to a dealer...kept thinking what a nightmare if it came to me direct damaged.

I went round and round on it, I'm not sure whats up with the battery. The dealer just said it's dead...and they did not have one that would fit it in stock.

Thanks again for responding, I'll keep posting on it.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #4

Re: Waiting on my XP200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
...I choose the Qlink because it seems to have good reputation and a 2yr warranty. I looked at a Zongshen which a local dealer had it was a 2006 a 200GY, cool bike but they would not deal on it. They were asking $1,900.00...
Congratulations on acquiring your new QLink XP200; it is a very nice motorcycle! I agree, $1,900 is much too high to pay for a new Zong. After you take delivery, please post some photos of your new motorcycle; we love photographs!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-18-2009, 06:51 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks, and I will post picture...once I get it.

Ive been following the site for some time, and really enjoy your project, I think its cool all the modification to the zong you made.

I got the bike bug searching for a used TW200 and frustrated cause I could not find one local...other than new.

I am in the city and we have trails, not sure if some of them are legal or not but I can see them on google maps. So my plan is to ride around and find some of these locations and try them out. Its funny...with the satalite maps you can actually see the trails were more than likely kids are ridding? The one place I saw a young guys come out on a dirt bike the other day.

I plan to ride around and take pictures of the city, I usually drive around in my truck and think the motorcycle will be great to do that with. Then also if I can find some dirt to play it I'll take a ride on it...

Old 12-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #6

Re: Thanks

Quote:
...Ive been following the site for some time, and really enjoy your project, I think its cool all the modification to the zong you made...
Thank you for the kind words.
Quote:
...I plan to ride around and take pictures of the city, I usually drive around in my truck and think the motorcycle will be great to do that with. Then also if I can find some dirt to play it I'll take a ride on it...
That is wonderful; I would love to see your photographs. I was raised about 4 hours east of you, in Northwest Pennsylvania. Therefore, I have been to Cleveland a few times. As with most people raised in Western Pennsylvania, I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan; I assume you are a Cleveland Browns fan. However, I will not hold that against you.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #7

that was too high on the zong but if your still willing to pay that i'll pay your gas and put you in a hotel, or i might deliver :wink:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 12-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #8

I may have...

I may have taken you up on that if I had not already bought the XP.

That looks like a nice day trip...it also looks like a nice part of the country.

Old 01-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #9

Update...

Ok I got a call from the dealer and the bike is ready to be picked up...but it is snowing like mad and I have to wait.

I am not anxious to get it when the weather is so bad,

The dealer said the battery had a dead cell in it and they put a new one in and it is now fine.

I am waiting for clear day soon to go get it, I have a ramp and pick-up with all the tie downs...it actually is to far to ride it home the dealer is in Lorain county and I am in Cuyahoga county.

Dang I should have waited until spring.

Oh yeah the dealer said that the build was not that great....but commented that he thought the engine seemed real strong. It is the first one they have sold, they sell scooters and japanse bikes.

I have mixed feeling and I suppose I will till I get some time with it on the road.

I bought it online and it shipped to the nearest dealer, so I have to pay for title and registration. Good because I do not have to deal with that but bad because they charge for that.

I did check the VIN myself online, its valid and that bike can be registered anywhere in the USA.

When I pick it up I will get a title and a 30-day tag.

If I ever sell it, then I sign the title and the next person can use that to get tags in any state. It does very from state to state but all state that are more through cannot go beyond what the NHTSA uses to verify street legal as in EPA and DOT registered.

So I checked the VIN here:
www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/manufacture

The VIN begins with the WMI and it is the first three characters of the VIN and mine are LAE

The link has a form and entering the WMI and for LAE brings up Jinan Qingqi and that is who makes the Qlink XP200

That’s brings up 12 records, looking at the dates I see one for 10/09/2008, since I bought a 2008 closeout that would be the one that I should view. It has a link for a file:
ftp://ftp.nhtsa.dot.gov/mfrmail/ORG4828.pdf

Opening that show the decoding of the VIN number.

I checked over mine and it all matches, it is a 14th design and a second improvement. It has an engine between 126cc and 250cc and mine is a 200cc. It is a 4 stroke single cylinder, that’s correct and was built in 2008.

If I ever sell the bike I will use that information, to reassure the buyer it is legal and documented.
When buying from a brick and motor dealer you should get a title not an MSO, the dealer actually keeps the MSO for their records.

Just make sure the actual VIN matches the Title if not then it is an illegal title. The MSO is usually used for customs and shows were the bike came from and that tariffs were paid on it. Some state require a MSO and some just the Bill of Sale…they may also require a look at the VIN and the EPA DOT stickers.

I would say make sure you know what you are buying and ask for a VIN number before you do, if it checks out in the NHTSA database as correct then, it’s a matter of what your state requires to title before you can register it. Maybe I am wrong but I believe all vehicle need a title to get plates. Titles and registration are not the same things.

How can any state issue a plate without a title? It could be stolen? It amazes me that people buy bikes off the net without getting a title; used bikes that is, the new I can understand but with that you have to be careful be careful that it is what they say it is.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #10

You will be so happy and favorably impressed with the Q, I PROMISE. Build is as good as the Suzuki, indeed I think it's the same, as they are both made at the same factory in China. So, if the Suzuki is well built, then so is the Q. Small details vary, but they are the same bike functionally.

I rode mine 100 miles this weekend, over 2 days, mostly off road and the more I ride the little bike the more I like it. Turned it into a muddy mess, but I was smiling.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:18 AM   #11

hy im one of the unfortunate ones who paid 1900. for the zongshen. i compared locally to lifans and thought the zong was a better deal. oh well i should have looked online that being said the dealer where i got my zong stopped carrying them and started carring qlinks. they looked like well built bikes and the mechanic commented on the parts availability saying they were one of the best built and best supported bikes by warranty that they have dealt with. hope you enjoy it. looking forward to hearing about it and seeing pics.

shawn

Old 01-04-2010, 11:22 AM   #12

A Zong is worth a considerable premium over a Lifanoid, don't sweat that. 8)

Old 01-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
You will be so happy and favorably impressed with the Q, I PROMISE. Build is as good as the Suzuki, indeed I think it's the same, as they are both made at the same factory in China. So, if the Suzuki is well built, then so is the Q. Small details vary, but they are the same bike functionally.

I rode mine 100 miles this weekend, over 2 days, mostly off road and the more I ride the little bike the more I like it. Turned it into a muddy mess, but I was smiling.
Thanks, do you think that the DR200 is made in china? Same engine design but I am not so sure about the rest...I looked at them they sit lower and have different forks. The weld on the frames are the thing you can see the frames made by robots over hand welded. I like the thought but wonder if it is true. I will be honest I have not seen the XP yet in person
I bought it on faith. I tell you what I think and even go back and look at the DR200 again...

I hope you right it makes me feel like I made a good choice, they do have identical specification related to the engine.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #14

Quinqi (?sp) contracts with both Q Link and Suzuki to build their respective 200's. I do not know if this refers to the entire bike, or just the mechanical components, but I believe (Internet lore and all) they build the entire machine for both companies. Different subcomponents like plastic, lights, and forks and wheels are speced, but they are basically the same. As I understand it.

Old 01-04-2010, 01:48 PM   #15

http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/aboutqingqi.aspx