Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2010, 01:17 AM   #166

That’s hilarious at this point…..

So what happened they advertised the products as EPA/DOT and then confirmed that they were in correspondence and in fact they are not?

What’s interesting is that for a month of going back and fourth with them that never was disclosed, in fact the opposite was stated.

It’s not flattering…they are either incredibly inept or deceitful or both.

Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 AM   #167

Doesn't each importer have to have their own EPA certifications? Sort of what the difference was in the past between American Lifan and TMS for example?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal25
Ok, I have become abit skeptical about this.

"EEC,DOT, EPA certificated Galaxy motorcycle, yamaha engine, suzuki, kawasaki and honda motorcycle"

Now I am pretty sure it does not have a yamaha engine, Nor is it any of the Japanese brands listed. As for the DOT and EPA certification, Are the the real deal? It would suck to pay for a bike, wait for weeks for it to show up from China, then find out is confiscated because of not having proper documentation.
I guess my thoughts from the middle of April were true after all :?

Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #169

I think that the business partners deserve each other, I am no longer interested in providing anything unless they need some lube.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:26 AM   #170

That’s a copy of an existing current Honda model, you can sell it….but they could exercise their rights to that design when they wish at anytime.

If they prove it’s a copy of their design they get all the proceed from the sales retroactively to day one.

Take a step back…..all they have to do is Google that.

Honda is not foolish, they introduced a CB223, FTR223 and even a CB400 SS they can introduce those to the US at any time, they have the production facilities to enter with low cost value vintage bike at anytime.

They have a 33hp 250cc that’s brand new in South Africa and a 20hp 223 EFI in production in India.

You would be for them a test of marketability, I cannot be that evil to let it go any further, it may seem like a foreign concept to some, but for me, I have a conscious.

Honda knows that there is an abundance of 1970 legacy bikes,175, 200,250, 350 and 360 they sold so many they know that many of those were stored in individual garages they are still there and the costs of them low and the quality high. Its not that there is no demand for these its that the market segment for vintage and retro style is fairly well met. But they are poised to keep that, so be careful.

The point is its not a version of, it’s a reversed engineered motorcycle that would be too easy to prove. I do not think calling it’s a SUV250 will hide that. However they will not care unless the sales in units reaches a certain number then they can take that as their rights under the rights to that design. The right are also retroactive to the first unit sold.

I discovered that in the duration of the thread, Hornet drew attention to that. It took time to research and evaluate the circumstances. Now people are claiming to take action and they need to know what they are doing. My conclusion is that the SUV250 is not sellable in the USA its a direct violation of Hondas rights to that design.