Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #16

It's Starting to grow on me. The low front fender and low exaust at first turned me away, but after thinking back, It would fit into my riding style perfectly. The lower fender would be better at higher speeds and cleaner when wet outside. The lower exhaust would be more comfort for the rider. (I remember how much heat the bulge in my pipe created before removing it's gut.) The seat really looks promising as well.

Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #17

It would be perfect for me also. I found my dirt riding to be extremely limited.

Just about all street.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:08 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Is the dangling caliper stock or an accessory? Just kidding, I know they are in the process of being put together... It just looks funny!
I know they should have thought about that....

How many km did you put on the Konker? I just got to 250 on my XP, I think my chain may need to be adjusted. They say 20mm to 30mm...thats about .75 to 1.18 inches and I think mines over that.

I just got the service manual and bought two oil filters...nobody bothered to tell me you have to replace the O ring too!! The service manual is good...it even has the torque setting on bolts. I will have the dealer do the first 1000km service, I bought the filters for later.

Mine and me are shifting smoother, staying under 5k rpm for 1000km, wearing in is a pain in the ass!

I like the bike....but think I will soon want more.

When it was new it did not like to find 1st at a light, it likes to find it before the light. Traffic light or stop sign, you know. If you get to a stop and cannot get it to go into 1st or N for that matter, then let out the clutch and you hear it disengage and then shift down.

I think I have slop in the chain...I think I can hear it in 2nd and 3rd not so much in 4th or 5th? Is it just me? A new sound and the chain may be strecthing, does or can you hear that? Not bad sound just wonder is that normal or not...worry worry worry. I'm a worrier.

Before I ride it again I'll check the chain....I am feeling anxious to get past 1000km and the first oil change. If I adjust the chain it will be to limit it to 1 inch or 25mm, I think mine may be at 1.5 inches or 38 mm? I have to check it again.

If you have any question you can ask me....I can look it up.,.the service book is totally comprehensive. 180 pages and it even has all the torque values for all the bolts!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Is the dangling caliper stock or an accessory? Just kidding, I know they are in the process of being put together... It just looks funny!
I know they should have thought about that....

How many km did you put on the Konker? I just got to 250 on my XP, I think my chain may need to be adjusted. They say 20mm to 30mm...thats about .75 to 1.18 inches and I think mines over that.

I just got the service manual and bought two oil filters...nobody bothered to tell me you have to replace the O ring too!! The service manual is good...it even has the torque setting on bolts. I will have the dealer do the first 1000km service, I bought the filters for later.

Mine and me are shifting smoother, staying under 5k rpm for 1000km, wearing in is a pain in the ass!

I like the bike....but think I will soon want more.

When it was new it did not like to find 1st at a light, it likes to find it before the light. Traffic light or stop sign, you know. If you get to a stop and cannot get it to go into 1st or N for that matter, then let out the clutch and you hear it disengage and then shift down.

I think I have slop in the chain...I think I can hear it in 2nd and 3rd not so much in 4th or 5th? Is it just me? A new sound and the chain may be strecthing, does or can you hear that? Not bad sound just wonder is that normal or not...worry worry worry. I'm a worrier.

Before I ride it again I'll check the chain....I am feeling anxious to get past 1000km and the first oil change. If I adjust the chain it will be to limit it to 1 inch or 25mm, I think mine may be at 1.5 inches or 38 mm? I have to check it again.

If you have any question you can ask me....I can look it up.,.the service book is totally comprehensive. 180 pages and it even has all the torque values for all the bolts!
Not to hijack your Galaxy thread, but the Konker is doing great. Not too sure about the chain stretch thing though, I have put the enduro kit on and off a couple of times, so have adjusted it at each install. I think I have about 320 km's on mine now, did my first oil change around 100 km's because I had seen some pics of filters on chinabikes with lots of metal particles in them... Mine had nothing in it, so it was fine .

I didn't have a new o-ring for the filter cover so I reused the original one, on my next change I might take the old ring to the hardware store and match up a new one. Lol, I bought a lifetime supply of oil filters on ebay since I was having trouble sourcing them here.

Good to hear the shifting is smoothing out for you, I think it keeps getting better as it wears in. Mine shifts like butter. I'm a single dad with my son full time so I don't get a lot of time to ride... Plus I have a KLR coming on Wednesday so I'm not too sure how quickly I will get miles on the Konker... I think the bikes will be fighting for my attention!

Old 04-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #20

You won't 'outgrow' Q or the Konker, ever.

You may want a bigger/faster/more powerful bike someday, but the appeal of a light, nimble, inexpensive, all purpose, efficent, simple bike will never lose it's appeal.

I've owned literally dozens of motorcycles, I've accumilated hundreds of thousands of miles, and I currently ride the largest most powerful high performance technically advanced touring bike on the planet and I still love my little Q. It's Q that is in the parking lot at work right now in fact.

I have 2,000+ miles on my current XP. Most of those are off pavement. Problems were a broken speedo cable and a leaky fork seal both replaced under warantee.

My last Q, an XF that I sold to my girlfriend at the time, had 5,000 miles when I sold it. It's only problem was a shift lever vibrated off. I found it and locktighted that bad boy back on.

Good bikes, a match for any small Big Four dual sport.

Ride on. Enjoy!

Old 04-09-2010, 06:50 PM   #21

I like it. It is very simple, to the point, and looks very manuverable. I like that the 'old style' enduros are being used as a model. Sorta reminds me of an old trail style 125. /thumbsup

Old 04-10-2010, 02:43 AM   #22

I checked it again today the play in the chain is measuring 1.5 inches and the specs say its not supposed to go beyond 1.18...then I noticed the chain adjustment marks are not at the exact same on both sides. One is at 5 and the other between 5 and 6 its a little off? I wonder is the swing arm not perfectly aligned with the frame? Why would they have it not even on both sides? I don’t know when I adjust it I will set the chain play to 1 inch and then check to see if the wheel is sitting even on both sides and tracks straight. I did not think I would need to adjust it until the first service…but I swear I can hear that slop in the chain!

I got no complaint about the bike, but I think I will end up with a faster street bike.

If I could have any bike this would be it

If I was to buy a galaxy SUV I would first make sure I had a cheap international calling plan on the phone.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:32 AM   #23

Galaxy is part of Guandong Yinhe Motorcyle, the Galaxy line is a division of them.

http://www.yinhemotor.com.cn

I got another email from John Zhou, the SUV comes with a carburetor for $900.00 and for $1,000.00 EFI.
The EFI is still being perfected…however he expressed confidence with the carbureted version.

Old 04-10-2010, 02:54 PM   #24

take

Ill take one!

Old 04-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #25

The Galaxy bikes are sporting a 223cc engine, that is what the Honda CRF230 has, its the same bore and stroke.

That is also to same engine that Hero Honda is using on it Karizma that they manufacture in Thailand. That bike also just got EFI.

http://www.herohonda.com/karizmazmr/index.html

I am getting good feed back from John at Galaxy on the bike and also attempting to work up a cooperative group of buyers locally if the price is right. Maybe one, two, three or even four motorcycles….if the price is less for shipping.

The oil cooled, EFI Hero Honda has an MSRP in India for $2,000.00
That is a Hero Honda, the CRF230 Honda sells for $5,000.00 it has six speed transmission...but other than that its engine specs are the same.

Not as good as the Honda but a fraction of the cost, and for looks and a cool factor the SUV is actually more appealing to me.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 AM   #26

I am not sure who makes the engine for the Galaxy, but Jialing is a formal business partner with Honda, Jialing sells that engine, that being a 223cc single cylinder OHC air cooled engine.

http://image.tradevv.com/2009/08/07/...ycle-group.jpg

It could be that engine? JL166Fm, the engine is common in china and the version that Jialing is selling cost about $300 USD.

More about the 223cc and what Hero Honda is doing with it.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article....-Bike-Thailand

Seems to be that the PGM-FI (fuel injection) could be configured on any 223cc? Its a matter of wirring and sensors, I'm thinking, but for now it's all about a carb.

It will be interesting to see what price John comes up with. Its not that dificult to find people interested at a low price.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #27

want

I want to order one of these, can someone give me a reliable site to order from, sold my gy 200a for 1900 today, at PT barnum said, one born every min, good thing is i worked out all the bugs for him paid 600.00 spent 100

Old 04-15-2010, 08:16 AM   #28

I got an email today from John Zhou at Galaxy, he quoted me a cost of $805.00 for to the door delivery. Thats all inclusive from port to port and through customs and then to my address.

$1,705.00 delivered.

here is the link to get a quote
http://www.tradevv.com/chinasupplier...otorcycle.html

Its not click and buy....if you find some one selling them then let us know.

The estimate I was given is delivery to Cleveland Ohio and for a single bike.
If your serious then ask them for a quote.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:37 AM   #29

John also said…

They are now pushing hard for a parts and manual for the bike.

The bikes engine is based on the Honda 223cc engine, however all the other parts are not.
I am not sure but its entirely possible that if you ordered one you could or might be the only person in the USA that has one.

Having a parts manual helps, having a service manual with that would be ideal.
Having a owners manual and instruction for assembly required…IMO.

I did not ask about a warranty, but to a degree its implied. They are attempting to build a reputation and being online and in a forum helps, if you have or get a problem then resolving it would get documented.
Guinea pig is the expression you would have to be up for that.

Old 04-15-2010, 09:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
I got an email today from John Zhou at Galaxy, he quoted me a cost of $805.00 for to the door delivery. Thats all inclusive from port to port and through customs and then to my address.

$1,705.00 delivered.

That is not unrealistic. I wonder what two bikes would cost?

Undertulsa. You must be a snakeoil salesman. 8O