Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

2018 Brozz 250 Top Speed

Now I realize most people don't buy this type of bike to speed down the highway but you can on a brozz if needed!! 4th gear tops out at 60 mph. 5th gear allows you to hit 70 mph (and more if downhill)

Post your Top speed achieved and mods if you have a 2018 Brozz.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:57 PM   #2

Stock speedos are hopelessly optimistic.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:04 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sochin View Post
Stock speedos are hopelessly optimistic.
The older speedos where even more optimistic... I know a case, where the speedo was telling the rider "80 mph" but i was actually 60 mph.....

Old 05-20-2019, 06:24 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
The older speedos where even more optimistic... I know a case, where the speedo was telling the rider "80 mph" but i was actually 60 mph.....
A couple of observations...If I may...and I mean no disrespect...

1. I doubting the bike hit over 65mph. And, one reason I think that is that the OP didn't quite keep up with a Uhaul truck towing a car. There's no way that moving truck, pulling a car, was going over 70MPH...let alone 75! I just don't think that's possible. Not only are many of those truck governed, but pulling a car at 70 to 75mph just wouldn't happen, especially if it were loaded. And, the rider of the Brozz didn't quite keep up with that truck. So, I'm thinking the bike topped out at a more realistic 60 or 65mph. I think the OP should test it again with his iphone.

2. The OP said he's riding the bike with stock shipping oil. That seems crazy. I wouldn't care what Bashan said. Even if I had a new car, changing the oil to better oil isn't "bad" for the engine.

3. On a positive note, the bike did seem pretty smooth and capable on the road.

4. To the OP, running that bike on that highway with cars whizzing by you took some balls. Kudos.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
A couple of observations...If I may...and I mean no disrespect...

1. I doubting the bike hit over 65mph. And, one reason I think that is that the OP didn't quite keep up with a Uhaul truck towing a car. There's no way that moving truck, pulling a car, was going over 70MPH...let alone 75! I just don't think that's possible. Not only are many of those truck governed, but pulling a car at 70 to 75mph just wouldn't happen, especially if it were loaded. And, the rider of the Brozz didn't quite keep up with that truck. So, I'm thinking the bike topped out at a more realistic 60 or 65mph. I think the OP should test it again with his iphone.
Read again what i said "80mph" but it was actually 60mph. I know that the speedo lies.

About the oil, well i did change it, but thousand thousands of people ride the first 1000 km using that oil and those bike live a long life.

Old 05-20-2019, 06:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
Read again what i said "80mph" but it was actually 60mph. I know that the speedo lies.

About the oil, well i did change it, but thousand thousands of people ride the first 1000 km using that oil and those bike live a long life.
The title of the YouTube video says verbatim "Brozz 250 goes 75+ MPH". That's the title of the video...All I'm saying is that's not possible. There's just no way.

I have the Apollo, which I realize is a different bike, but I have an upgraded carb and jets, street friendly tires, and an engine that from I read puts out 1 or 2 more HP and the best that I could do was 65 and quite honestly, it was probably closer to 60.

So, claiming a stock Brozz (full of stock fish oil) does 75+ mph out of the crate [as he's being passed by a Uhaul truck pulling a trailer] doesn't seem honest to me. I also see the video was posted by Peace Sports. So, now it seems like false advertising to me.

It all seems pretty fishy to me.

Old 05-20-2019, 07:51 PM   #7

Ship me one, I'll be happy to work out the "Top Speed" details for everyone

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-20-2019, 08:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
Ship me one, I'll be happy to work out the "Top Speed" details for everyone
I bet you’d hit 60-65 tops

I just did 200mph on my Magna.

Old 05-20-2019, 09:38 PM   #9

Quote:
The title of the YouTube video says verbatim "Brozz 250 goes 75+ MPH". That's the title of the video...All I'm saying is that's not possible. There's just no way.

I have the Apollo, which I realize is a different bike, but I have an upgraded carb and jets, street friendly tires, and an engine that from I read puts out 1 or 2 more HP and the best that I could do was 65 and quite honestly, it was probably closer to 60.

So, claiming a stock Brozz (full of stock fish oil) does 75+ mph out of the crate [as he's being passed by a Uhaul truck pulling a trailer] doesn't seem honest to me. I also see the video was posted by Peace Sports. So, now it seems like false advertising to me.

I had (still have the carcass of) a '13 TMEC 200; it had a 197cc Zongshen OEM engine with 17t/48t sprocket setup (the 48t rear was aftermarket) which hit 70+ on the freeway the day I had a serious accident minutes later. These Bashans come stock with 17t/46t sprockets, and I am of the belief they will hit 70+. Maybe touch 75. Of course, that is what is displayed on the stock speedo. When it hit '80', there was no UHaul, and then there was an edit when the UHaul came into the picture. I am of the belief that he was at cruising speed, not top speed of 80, at that part of the video.

I do agree that there might be some false something or another here, but I do trust Jeff overall as he as been a member here for quite a while, and the Brozz is a known, stout bike. I just wish there could be a video with GPS from either Jeff himself, or a member with a Brozz, on a stock bike.

Member Azhule has hit 82 MPH (GPS verified) on his Bashan 'Speedee' on downhill mountain roads in Colorado. I am hesitant to believe 75 for the Brozz on level ground, but I do think 70 to 71 is doable, with 75 downhill.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 05-20-2019, 10:20 PM   #10

I hit a GPS verified 79mph (flat road, tucked, and zero wind something I call a fluke run). I can hit 74 to 75 consistently. See mods list lol. The Brozz might be a nice bike, but it aint coming from the factory with power equivalent to my setup. Think it does, then toss a mikuni 125 main jet and a 45 pilot on a stock brozz and tell me how it runs, because thats my jetting.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-20-2019, 10:26 PM   #11

Quote:

Only the OP said he was going 75 mph.. Sochin said that the speedo are "hopelessly optimistic" and i said that the older style of speedo where even worst... That they were waaay to off like 20 mpg more than the real speed.

About the max speed of a stock CG 229cc, you are right is about 65 mph with some luck 70 mph.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I hit a GPS verified 79mph (flat road, tucked, and zero wind something I call a fluke run). I can hit 74 to 75 consistently. See mods list lol. The Brozz might be a nice bike, but it aint coming from the factory with power equivalent to my setup. Think it does, then toss a mikuni 125 main jet and a 45 pilot on a stock brozz and tell me how it runs, because thats my jetting.
Same here. 80 mph GPS verified once and I'm a little lighter than Dan.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 05-21-2019, 12:11 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Same here. 80 mph GPS verified once and I'm a little lighter than Dan.
A little? You flatter me lol.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #14

I like the Brozz. The Bashans do come with good gearing. I'd like to see a GPS verified reading, not that these things are really made for open highway. Thanks for posting Peace!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-21-2019, 11:11 AM   #15

Quote:

Ok I ride my bike at 9000 to 10000 feet and as everyone knows at those altitudes we lose a lot of power and I have hit 72 miles per hour on level ground GPS verified. I sure would not want to stay at those speeds for too long but I did for about an hour and it ran fine. This was on a Bashan blaze. If I could do 72 at these altitudes Iam sure at lower elevations 75 would be no problem.