Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #1

Hello from NJ

I grew up riding off-road motorcycles as a teenager and after thirty years, have a renewed interest in the sport. A few months ago I was researching dual sport bikes and came across the Pitster Pro LXR 250F. It's a liquid cooled, fuel injected, six speed competition motorcycle that I was able to get registered and insured for street use. I had no interest in just an off-road motorcycle and my whole intention on buying it was to get it registered to legally ride to and from the trails or make some short trips. The company is based out of Utah although the bikes are imported from China. I've seen quite a few Chinese bikes while doing research and none caught my interest like this bike. I've had it for two months now and have 226 miles on it so far. Unfortunately the weather's getting colder so I doubt I'll get much more time to ride before the spring. My only real concern is finding parts or having the availability to them. I wish I could say that Pitster Pro has been extremely helpful and informative but unfortunately that hasn't been the case so far. I'm hoping to make connections with other to find out what parts from other bikes might be interchangeable. I understand that the engine is similar to one made by CSC Cycles. I wanted to gear my bike a little taller for street use and need a larger front sprocket than the stock 13 tooth on my bike. CSC has a 14 tooth front sprocket which appears to be a match but was told that was their biggest. I ordered it and hope that it fits when it arrives. I'll keep you posted if anyone else has a question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PP LXR 250F.jpg (96.9 KB, 248 views)

Old 12-17-2016, 12:17 PM   #2

Welcome to here! Pitster Pro is seriously the unicorn of China bikes--they seem to be far closer to the'real deal' yet very few members have them (I guess we are all cheap b$%%$ds here). In fact, I don't remember how long ago someone had mentioned owning one. And that was the air-cooled model!

I do recall the one guy who owned the XTR 250 stated his seat was very uncomfortable, and that seemed primarily why he joined--to find out if his seat was compatible with run-of-the-mill Chinese enduros. I guess, that is my first question--how is the seat on your bike?

I am kind of confused reading about the issues you have communicating with Pitster considering you have their 'top of the line' dirt bike. They make is seem like you can even spec your sprockets, but that might be with their air-cooled models since those use engines similar to what most have here and are Honda-ish making sprockets easy to get. However, they should have at least countersprockets??

Where did you order your bike from? Direct?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 12-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #3

Here's a three minute video I made on my bike and posted on YouTube last month.

For complete specs
http://pitsterpro.com/bike/specs/id/66

Even though the bike is a six speed, it has a close range gearing for off-road use (which is what the primary use is designed for). Since I have it registered and also riding it on the road, I want to get a little more top end speed. The easiest and cheapest way is to get a larger front sprocket. After several emails and phone conversations with Pitster Pro (PP) the past two months, I'm told "We're checking into it..." The 14 tooth sprocket I ordered is supposed to arrive at my house today and hopefully it's a correct fit. It's only one more tooth but it's better than nothing if it does work.
The LXR looks exactly like a replica of a few "European" dual sport bikes on the market and it's about a third of the cost. For what you get with this bike, I think it's great so far. The seat's firm but I really don't mind it.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #4

That bike kind of looks like an SSR but they only have a 5 speed,

Old 12-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #5

The 14T front sprocket I ordered from CSC Cycles arrived in the mail today and it fits the countershaft of my Pitster Pro. At least I know that some of the parts are interchangeable.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean67 View Post
At least I know that some of the parts are interchangeable.
I am guessing the engine is the same Zongshen as found in the CSC. The only other engine I could think of, actually two engines, would be a liquid-cooled Loncin manufactured engine, or a Lifan manufactured engine. However, Zongshen seems to have been selling these engines to a few manufacturers, such as Asiawing (OEM for SSR's dirt bike) and others, and since it is already EPA certified, it would be easier to use it for the US bikes than starting from scratch. I would imagine that whatever sprocket that goes on the XTR rear wheels would go on yours? Unless Pitster uses a far different OEM for your bike than Galaxy that they use for the XTR. However, the XTR hub is probably the same as a Honda XL185 (don't quote me, but many Chinese dirt and enduro bikes use that one) because I remember when I emailed Pitster a year or so ago regarding what sprocket is available for the XTR, the response was the same as for Honda; in other words, a ton of options). Find that out and you should be golden for the rear!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard