Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2016, 11:57 AM   #61

Excellent tutorial! Hope CSC takes a note and does their future tutorials like this!

Old 06-30-2016, 08:59 AM   #62

My husband and I did the same adjustment to the floater. This week was the first week that I rode with a full tank since the adjustment, in order to really test how the change even worked.

The outcome: I rode for 134 miles and it still registered a full tank. Then when it hit the 160 mile range it all of a sudden dropped to 3 bars. Then when it got to 180 it dropped to the Empty bar and when I hit 187 it started blinking empty. LOL So I rode for 2 full days with no changes and then on the 3rd day the fuel gauge dramatically made changes.

2016 Zongshen RX3 (CSC Cyclone)

Pay it Forward!

Old 07-01-2016, 06:05 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperino View Post
Why.
Do you really think that the fuel pump needs THAT much fuel to work? We are talking half a tank here
he's 100% correct... the pumps needs to be under fuel to keep it cool...

why that much fuel... because some joe avarage's are dick heads
just zongshen playing safe... as do most of the other companys...
the standard XT tank had a 150km left in it when the fuel light & fuel
trip counter came on..

77 Montesa Cota 348 MRR "Malcom Rathnell Replica"...

Current resto projects..
81 Honda CT110...
80 Kawasaki KL250A1...

11 Husaburg TE125 enduro... "sold" along with another 31...
Lifan 125 Pitbike.. "stolen" ...

KIWI BIKER FORUM...... http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/content.php

All the best offroad rides in NZ...
http://www.remotemoto.com/

E-mail... xtpete1@gmail.com

Old 11-21-2016, 10:57 PM   #64

Today I followed the great instructions provided to adjust the float arm on my RX3. I've not liked that my bike will be flashing empty and if I go fill it up it only takes about 2.25 gallons. So today I adjusted it. Now I'll monitor when it goes from full to 3 bars and so on to see how it works. I believe it will start flashing empty at me with about 1 gallon left but won't know until I run it down. Will adjust as needed so I don't ruin the fuel pump. Thanks again for the help!

Old 11-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #65

I got a change to test my changes and it worked great. Previously once the bike started flashing E I would continue to drive for another 90 miles or so before filling it up and then it would take 2.7 gallons to fill. Now, the bike goes from full to the next bar after about 60 miles and then goes down till it flashes E and when I stopped immediately to fill up it took 2.45 gallons to fill leaving 1.25 remaining since the tank is actually only 3.7 gallons. That's much better for me. Leaves enough fuel to protect the fuel pump but doesn't drive me nuts saying it's empty so quickly. Nice mod and thanks again for such great instructions!

Old 01-29-2017, 01:10 PM   #66

I am wondering if my tech re-installed the fuel sender correctly, because our bikes have a fuel level problem that is not easily explained.

The basics: which direction does the float go? Forward or backwards?

Old 08-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #67

The float arm goes towards the rear of the bike.

Old 06-27-2019, 06:30 PM   #68

Just an update on this, something I got from Joe Berk's blog: the tank is 4.2 gallons. If there was nothing else in the tank, it would hold 4.2 gallons. But there's a big ol' fuel pump and float in the tank, and those take up space, so the USABLE capacity is more like 3.7 gallons.

And I will be leaving the float alone, as I ran out twice. Yes it comes on very early, but it's not that big of a deal. If you ride in town, and you keep your habits consistent, you'll know your average MPG and you can fill up based on the odometer. If you are riding long distances and you don't know what MPG you're getting, you might be shocked to find out it could be as low as 44 MPG (that's what I got on a long ride, full throttle, with a headwind). So my new practice is: when the dang light's flashing, fill it up. It beats pushing the bike on the side of a highway.