Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2017, 01:23 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
"Humanbeing" suggested a tool..
https://support.google.com/translate.../6142483?hl=en is quite useful or Draws it ...
===
Those thingy in tb = square head's diameter 3.5mm-4mm depends on different seller

Old 04-02-2017, 08:12 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
Those thingy in tb = square head's diameter 3.5mm-4mm depends on different seller

That looks like it should do trick, but it looks like it would be coming from China, and therefore probably take weeks to get here, if not longer. I was hoping to get this fixed within a few days.

Last edited by Ski_rush; 04-02-2017 at 09:18 AM.

Old 04-02-2017, 08:55 AM   #3

I am suprised broom stick did not work . Makes me wonder if something else is not cool down there . I always use my 3/8 air impact tool to spin those bolts off and on . FYI always start them by hand prior tightening . The fast action of the air impact seats them properly everytime for me . If I was you I would take them apart again and thread bolt into assembly and see if threads are messed up. Worse case a tap will have to be chased through threads to clean them up. Again , wish all you guys with issues lived closer . I have 4 decades of tool collecting that likes to be kept shiny from use. Heck I got tools I forgot I even have here . When I get to know ya all better I got no problem shipping them to loan out for shipping costs .
Rail

Old 04-02-2017, 09:02 AM   #4

I got another thought ...
Take cap off and install like 4-5 nickels under cap to force spring down more to apply more pressure to retainer so it can be tightened up. It will require more force to thread cap on . But this should do the trick . Afterwards take out nickels and spend wisely
If this does not work , for sure take apart and thread bolt in peice and see what's wrong .
PM me for email as than I can send pix of examples , heck I would tear mine apart to show ya what's what . Been doing this my entire life on those planet
Rail
Best of luck.

Old 04-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
...would be coming from China, and therefore probably take weeks to get here...
http://www.dansmc.com/forks.htm had good tips...
Worst case = visits those old timer bike mechanic (Grease monkey at authorized stealer often are brainless ) that had right tools & knowledge...