Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #1

Zongshen 200GY-A, rehab exhaust question

Hello all,
In the continuing rehabilitation of the Zongshen I realize I can't start the motor again until I have an exhaust on it. The bike came with a piece of exhaust but as I transition my attention to the front of the bike I might have a question.

The picture attached shows the parts that came off the bike. It was all loosened already and kind of dangling there. I think of this set of parts I am only missing an exhaust gasket. However, as you can see in the picture the collar with the 2 bolt holes is larger than the neck of the pipe and slips off. Isn't the collar with the bolt holes NOT supposed to slip off the pipe and that's how it is held on? Or am I waaay off? I did follow the simple diagram in the CG125 manual but no joy. I think I laid the parts out like the diagram if that helps at all.

Thanks for any advice here. And by the way I am hunting the wires for the starter out of the harness to test that once the exhaust is ironed out.

Jim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0685a.jpg (80.9 KB, 275 views)

2007 Shineray Speedee 150, 1P57QMJ: Needs: starter rewired, exhaust connected, cleaned up, ignition switch simplified, new seat and lights, new front and back racks.

There's no such thing as a free puppy or motorcycle. I think I have caught the fever from y'all.

Tags
exhaust, hs163fml