Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2016, 03:10 PM   #1

Still Scared of Chinese Bike.

Got Cash in hand. Should I go ahead and call Don at Apscusa and order the Hawk. Here alot of good stuff about them. Called some people who own them and they have had good luck with them. Hope that if I buy one it will be a good Bike. I know its Chinese and I will have to work on it. Ive been working on Bikes and riding my whole life. The thing about it I like the most is the Price. Where else can you buy a new Bike for that Money?

Old 08-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #2

levelset your mind on the power output. it's not a monster in any way. if it's general trail riding you are looking for, I think it' great. sounds like you have plenty of skills to deal with it. street riding with gearing change is fine too, but don't plan on top end. come on in...the water's fine!

Old 08-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy View Post
Ive been working on Bikes and riding my whole life.
This being the case, then you're not afraid of wrenches and have a mechanical aptitude. I think with the fear you have, you'll probably end up being pleasantly surprised expecting the worst, as opposed to what you'll receive. Hawk, right? Probably the best bike for the buck on the planet.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 08-07-2016, 04:45 PM   #4

I agree with 2LZ, you'll probably be very happy with the China bike. I'm an old bike mechanic and I love the CG clone engines.

Old 08-07-2016, 06:22 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchevy View Post
Where else can you buy a new Bike for that Money?
http://www.txpowersports.com/New_haw...bike-250cc.htm

Txpowersports might be a bit cheaper, $1385 less 50 with discount code mud2 is 1335 vs 1399?

I have owned a bunch of china bikes, and have yet to be disappointed. Just realize you getting a 16 hp bike w/ 1970's engine technology w a more modern ignition. Great bikes for trails and secondary roads, not a highway bike by any means.

Old 08-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #6

i wouldnt be worried about it if you have some mechanical knowledge. just be sure to go over every bolt on the bike and tighten them up there prob a post on everything you should do somewhere on here. i have a 2006 cg200 that still works great and the body is in good shape i swapped the motor though but with a chinese motor that also still runs great. for the price i would deff go ahead and get a hawk

Old 08-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #7

Pull the trigger! I ordered mine from TX power sports on Saturday, it arrived Wednesday. Already changed exhaust carb, and she's purring like a kitty.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #8

I'm sure Don would price match. APSCUSA is one of the VERY few that get your paperwork to you in just a few days......

Old 08-07-2016, 10:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilserchinarider View Post
http://www.txpowersports.com/New_haw...bike-250cc.htm

Txpowersports might be a bit cheaper, $1385 less 50 with discount code mud2 is 1335 vs 1399?

I have owned a bunch of china bikes, and have yet to be disappointed. Just realize you getting a 16 hp bike w/ 1970's engine technology w a more modern ignition. Great bikes for trails and secondary roads, not a highway bike by any means.
All I plan on doing with this Bike is ride these old Back Roads and go to my secrete fishing holes. Might ride it to town sometime to get a Milkshake. All my serious riding will be done on my Trike.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:20 PM   #10

Thank you Guys for all the support on buying a Hawk. I really like that Green color. Looks alot like the Kawasaki Green. I have had alot of Kawasaki Bikes and I really liked them. Wish they had one in the Yellow Color scheme like the old RM Suzuki.

Old 08-07-2016, 10:28 PM   #11

Honestly I over analyze EVERYTHING. I purchased a Disney Vacation Club time share thingy. I hate timeshares but I heard this one was different so I did a ton of research and developed a pricing model that took the risk free rate of return and Present valued my cash outlay to determine my break even was 5.5 vacations. I have since taken 10 vacations. I win..... oh yeah where was I... the Hawk, now I remember. It is the best $1,500 you will ever spend.
$1,350 Hawk
100 cluster cuz it is totally cool
50 Mikuni Carb and jets
8 Iridium plug
5 Valvoline 4 stroke oil
$1,513 seriously once you fire it up you will be in disbelief about how much you get for how little.

ps buy it from Don at APSC. I have never heard of one horror story from him, Manny on the other hand keeps changing his businesses name to the keep the BBB off his back. Manny has a long road to hoe to rebuild his reputation, if he is even willing to try. (In my opinion of course)

Old 08-07-2016, 10:32 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Honestly I over analyze EVERYTHING. I purchased a Disney Vacation Club time share thingy. I hate timeshares but I heard this one was different so I did a ton of research and developed a pricing model that took the risk free rate of return and Present valued my cash outlay to determine my break even was 5.5 vacations. I have since taken 10 vacations. I win..... oh yeah where was I... the Hawk, now I remember. It is the best $1,500 you will ever spend.
$1,350 Hawk
100 cluster cuz it is totally cool
50 Mikuni Carb and jets
8 Iridium plug
5 Valvoline 4 stroke oil
$1,513 seriously once you fire it up you will be in disbelief about how much you get for how little.

ps buy it from Don at APSC. I have never heard of one horror story from him, Manny on the other hand keeps changing his businesses name to the keep the BBB off his back. Manny has a long road to hoe to rebuild his reputation, if he is even willing to try. (In my opinion of course)
When I get it I plan on spending more money for all the upgrades and add-ons. After all it is a toy.

Old 08-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #13

I would go with APSC Don and Greg know what they are selling and Patricia should have an MSO to you with in 2- 3 days after you send her the info.The only people I've dealt with that are faster is T-motorsports but no more dual sports from them. TXpowersports I've had good and bad luck with. You really can't deal with the Manny character it's his way or noway. I would seriously consider buying 2 @ $1100 a unit. If not maybe Don can know $50 off a single. http://www.apscusa.com/New-2015-Hawk-250-Enduro-4-Stroke-Street-Legal-Motorcycle-Twin-Pack-Sale-Ends-Aug-1St-2016_p_652.html