Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2021, 08:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBasset View Post
Thanks Megadan, I was hoping you would reply but didn't want to call you out specifically.

I'm still confused why everywhere I've found specs says the tt250 is 40-60 lbs heavier than the hawk. That extra weight really puts me off when I'll be hitch carrying this for thousands of miles...

Also according to sellers:

The Hawk has 300 miles, 17-40 sprockets, new chain, nibbi carb/intake/air filter, new slip on exhaust, and new battery.

The TT250 has 3000 miles, lowered/flattened saddle, folding tip shifter, new chain, new tires, brush guards, re-jetted carb, taller sprockets. Claims 70mph.
TT250 is worth extra ... even used. Consider you aren't likely to talk the Hawk owner down from 1400, but might get 100-200 down on the TT250.

If considering either of these used bikes though, I'd want the stock parts that were removed along with them.

Old 06-08-2021, 09:06 AM   #17

I dunno, I cant believe the luggage rack, high output stator/rotor and inverted forks could add more than 6 lbs.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 06-08-2021, 10:19 AM   #18

I did a little research, Tao lists the tbr7 as "Net weight 286lbs" (not sure what "net weight" is exactly) but the only real differences between the tbr7 and hawk, the tbr7 has smaller wheels/tires (which should weigh less), plastic handguards that weight less than 1lb, and a metal rack that may weigh 1-2lbs. I think the hawk weight is optimistic or they are using adamantium frames. Lol
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 06-14-2021, 08:03 AM   #19

I'm pretty sure that it was my 2020 TT250 that I had listed for 21, but was willing to sell for 19 that the OP was talking about. I sold it Saturday for $2K with 3K miles. Now that it is gone, i can say IMO, the new csc's are of a lower quality than they used to be. I had a 2016, and i think due to tariffs or whatever, it was better quality. Maybe luck of the draw, maybe systemic. IDK. YMMV, my $0.02

Anyway, I'm outta here. Good luck, thanks for the tips, ride hard, have fun.

Mike

Old 06-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
I'm pretty sure that it was my 2020 TT250 that I had listed for 21, but was willing to sell for 19 that the OP was talking about. I sold it Saturday for $2K with 3K miles. Now that it is gone, i can say IMO, the new csc's are of a lower quality than they used to be. I had a 2016, and i think due to tariffs or whatever, it was better quality. Maybe luck of the draw, maybe systemic. IDK. YMMV, my $0.02

Anyway, I'm outta here. Good luck, thanks for the tips, ride hard, have fun.

Mike
That's funny - it was indeed you and we even messaged a bit about it. Small world.

I ended up finding a super cheap BSR 250 that I went with anyway, so I'm glad you ended up getting near asking for the CSC. Worked out for everybody.