Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #1

Hawk 250 not shutting off

I'm having trouble with my bike not shutting off with the key or kill switch any advice would be appreciated. I'm thinking it is a ground problem.

I can't find any ground problem and it only does it after riding it for a while shuts off fine when it is cold.

Old 05-13-2021, 12:54 PM   #2

If it’s anything like my tbr7 (which it most likely is) there is some very poor connections in the wire loom right near the steering neck. Start there. I just fixed the same problem a few weeks ago.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #3

The battery was overfilled and it caused a lot of corrosion on the negative terminal. We cleaned it up and drained the battery to the proper level. So far everything is good, we have a half hour ride tomorrow to get it inspected, so we will see how it goes. We will also check what you mentioned just to be safe.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 05-14-2021, 06:45 AM   #4

had this issue with a remote start Brozz. If started with remote, key was useless for turning off.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:33 PM   #5

We are still experiencing the issue with the Hawk. Went for a ride today and it wouldn't shut off with the key or kill switch, now it won't shut off when it is cold or warm. We will continue to look for more connection issues but are kind of stumped as of now.

All of the connections in the loom are all good, we checked the plugs and nothing seems corroded or loose.

We cleaned the battery and drained it to the correct level then let it charge over night on an ATV maintenance charger.

Are there any suggestions on what might be faulty, or where we should go about checking next?

The bike never had this issue until the other day it tipped over. Not certain if that is what caused this issue or if it just happened by coincidence.

The wires are all routed well with plenty of slack, nothing it tight or too loose.

What is confusing is that the bike fails to shut off via ignition or kill switch. That could potentially be a clue as to where to trace the problem.

Thanks

~idle_purr

Old 05-15-2021, 07:13 AM   #6

How deep did you dig into the wire loom? What I discovered was a separated crimp connection where the ignition and kill switch wire join together in the wrapped wire loom at the steering neck. I started by unwrapping the tape till I found it. If I remember correctly it’s a blue wire. But check your wiring diagram to be sure. Those two wires join there into one wire then go back under the seat to the CDI. To check the CDI I just grounded that blue wire on the CDI while the bike was running. It of course killed the engine as it should. That verified that there was a disconnect between the CDI and the kill, and ignition switches.
Hope this helps. Let us know if you find it so others can have a quick solution if they are experiencing the same problem

Old 05-15-2021, 10:03 AM   #7

Will check and get back

~idle_purr