Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2019, 10:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
I did a tire on a Bashan before and was pretty aggressive with the tire irons and never saw something like this. I had one try/grab with the tirallie iron and it didn't just scratch the rim (which I wouldn't care about) it put a gouge in the metal. I'm getting it's cheap a$$ steel? Now I understand why guys report turning their rim into taco's.

You have upgraded Alloy rems. I don't care where you would have bought the rems from or how much you would have paid you would have the same outcome if you handled them like you did these rems. They don't make those rem savers tools for Chinese rems they make them for Alloy rems. The hop your having could happen to the most expensive rims you could buy. But with the most expensive rems you pay for support when you buy the rim. You don't pay that with the Chinese so you get no support. I went through the same kind of stuff (only lots more) when I started down this Chinese motorcycle road. This road can start out very rocky but if you work through the ruff parts the road smoothes out very nicely and you will end up with lots more knowledge and a good bike. You've got a better bike then you know.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:01 AM   #17

Just pay the fella $120 to true the rim. I know on principle you shouldn't have to, but wouldn't you rather be riding? And you'll probably take that much of a loss trying to sell it.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #18

For what its worth, when I changed the tires on my Apollo rx250, I did use the plastic rim guards to get the first few pulls of the tire bead over the wheel. I'm sure if I didn't use them, I would have had a similar outcome. I picked up tusk brand tire spoons/rim gaurds from Rockymountainatv.

Were you able to get the tire off the wheel to try to dial in the Radial run out? Seems like you a super close to getting your bike dialed in, but I understand the frustration. You know my stance, step away then come back to it.

I assume you have seen this wheel truing Video. Cameron does a great job explaining the procedure.

You could try to sell it (be prepaired to loose a couple hundred), and pick up an older Yamaha/Honda 230. Here in California you can get 2002-2006 years for around 2000-3000 depending on the condition.

Old 05-27-2019, 11:49 AM   #19

I will say this. A set of these guys will absolutely change your life with doing tire changes. https://www.amazon.com/Lever-Spoon-M...gateway&sr=8-8

I have that exact set, and I can change the tires on the Hawks steel rim without a set of rim savers. Not one dent, ding, or scratch. Never even pinched a tube. If I were doing a set of alloy rims I would still use a set of rim savers and a bead buddy.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 05-27-2019, 08:53 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I will say this. A set of these guys will absolutely change your life with doing tire changes. https://www.amazon.com/Lever-Spoon-M...gateway&sr=8-8

I have that exact set, and I can change the tires on the Hawks steel rim without a set of rim savers. Not one dent, ding, or scratch. Never even pinched a tube. If I were doing a set of alloy rims I would still use a set of rim savers and a bead buddy.
I had the same set.....until they got borrowed and supposedly stolen from the seat of his truck.... All I got out of it was a goofy I'm sorry....no offer to replace them. That guy got scrubbed from the lend to list.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song