Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #31

By the way, as far as the pain medications go, I am sure you know this, but be careful about the constipating effects. It can literally bite you in the butt.

Old 06-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #32

Thanks, Doc. No problems with the plumbing.

I got out today on the scooter. Yesterday was crutches. The scooter was much better. Doesn't take much to pull ahead of Mrs. C. The big chunk of plaster hanging off my foot does put a bit of strain on my Achilles while riding the scooter, though.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-11-2016, 11:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
The soap box derby steering would just make it more interesting.
Hadn't considered that. Might need to engineer a few degrees of rake into it.

I know I said it already, but I hope you heal quickly, my friend.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-11-2016, 06:00 PM   #34

I'm glad you are healing well, Cheesy. I like your knee scooter.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 06-12-2016, 09:34 AM   #35

Thanks, Spud.

Everything seems to be healing up fine. No pain but I can tell where the stitches are.
I go back to work, in a limited capacity, tomorrow. Mostly helping the customer service staff with technical stuff and working with the IT wizard to sort out our parts manual storage drive.
I figured out how to run the JD with one foot, so I got the lawn mowed. I don't need to wait for Mrs. C to get it done now.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Old 06-13-2016, 10:32 AM   #36

Quote:
I figured out how to run the JD with one foot, so I got the lawn mowed. I don't need to wait for Mrs. C to get it done now.
You're a soldier!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-14-2016, 10:34 PM   #37

Back to work. It's a lot easier to get around the shop than it is the house. Except for the bathroom. That needs a bit more practice. And I've never had so many people opening doors for me. Also, everybody in the shop is trying to figure a way to motorize the scooter.

It's not all puppies and unicorns, though. There are two managers that want me out of the building until I can walk unaided. Which means disability at 60% pay.

My boss and GM have my back, though, and I'm not going without a fight. I've already let them know that if I'm forced into disability at 60%, they can expect that I will only answer 60% of emails and phone calls. They should also expect that only 60% of the answers I do give will be correct. I told them it was only fair. That got the sales staff and customer service in an uproar, so their manager has backed off a bit. She and I have been at odds since I started. At a company party with spouses, she introduced me to her husband as one of the 'service maggots'. And she did that in front of my wife. She's been paying for that for the last twenty years.

The CFO doesn't care about my tit for tat threat, but he has an easily bruised ego. His staff has already started riding him about his parking right next to the closest handicap spot by the door while my wife drops me off and picks me up as far from the door as she can and I whip across the lot on the scooter. So pretty soon he'll be pouting about getting teased, and he'll back off, too.

No work tomorrow, though. First follow up with the foot doc.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-14-2016, 11:50 PM   #38

Man I feel your pain. I'm going through a fight with mild arthritis, plantar fasciitis, and mild stress fractures in both feet. Painful to be on them very long at all.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Andrew93

newrider93 AKA Andrew93

Old 06-15-2016, 12:40 AM   #39

Glad to hear that you're back to work, sorry to hear about you were getting some opposition. You described it so well, succinctly, and was so much humor, I couldn't help but laugh out loud about your 60% rule. God willing, your boss and you will have your way, and you get to do 100% worth and keep 100% of the profit. Last I heard, that's the American way.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:26 AM   #40

On disability you should be getting 60% pay with 0% work. If something happens to you while you work on disability the company can be in big trouble. Also your company may be collecting insurance to cover the 60% therefore collecting yet having you work could be fraud. Is your company on the smaller side? Less than a 1000 employees?

Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #41

I'm with pistolclass. When you're out on disability, that means 0% work and 100% time to heal. If anything, they should welcome you back with open arms and provide you with everything you need to make you comfortable, plus hired back on "light duty" until the Doc signs you off as 100%.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-15-2016, 10:17 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
On disability you should be getting 60% pay with 0% work. If something happens to you while you work on disability the company can be in big trouble. Also your company may be collecting insurance to cover the 60% therefore collecting yet having you work could be fraud. Is your company on the smaller side? Less than a 1000 employees?
I have absolutely no intentions of going on disability. I'd go bats##t crazy if I had to sit at home.

What I'm getting at is that with company email and cell phones, the lesser beings at the office feel that they can contact me at any time, at anyplace. Just this morning, I played Twenty Questions via text with my boss, answering the same questions I did yesterday. With the same answers. Also, many customers call me direct because I know our equipment better than most.

We're more of a large dysfunctional family than a small company. I'm that crabby old bastard in the shop with the big tool box that recalls part numbers off the top of his head.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

Old 06-15-2016, 11:29 AM   #43

Quote:
At a company party with spouses, she introduced me to her husband as one of the 'service maggots'. And she did that in front of my wife.
My blood pressure went up when I read that.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:48 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
My blood pressure went up when I read that.
Same here. Un f-ing believable.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #45

Quote:
I'm that crabby old bastard in the shop with the big tool box that recalls part numbers off the top of his head.
I loved playing that part where I spent most of my working career. The ones who know you, know you're just flippin' chit, the ones who don't know you very well, steer completely clear of you. It's a very nice comfort zone.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350