Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2006, 02:20 AM   #1

200cc Hummer Dirt Bike (Honda CRF Copy) UPDATED! 10-12-06

Hi Folks,

Just want to say I think it's a great bike so I started a support group for it here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/200chinabike/

There are some excellent links there also.

Parts Available for sunl Hummer Dirt Bike/roketa db-36 with exploded view diagrams click below: 8O

http://www.terminatorscooter.com/sys...sp?ItemId=2666

Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #2

Hoss, are you still liking this bike? How well does it run with the 250cc motor? I just sent a check to Hooper Motorsports for a 100cc Lifan dirtbike (QP 100GY - larger sized than a pit bike) ttp://www.hooperimports.com/product.asp?pf_id=QP100GY
and am looking for a companion bike for me to ride. I was going to get the Lifan DS 200 cc bike, then I came across your post on the db 36 and checked it out. Looks like a great dirtbike that should stand up to some serious use. Have you had any problems with it so far?
Thanks in advance,
Gene

Old 10-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #3

Yes, I still have my hummer dirt bike

Yup, still have it. Mine is a SunL SLD-220CC. But don't buy yours from Sunl, it costs over around $3000 from them. I got mine locally for $1000. VenomMotors also sells the hummer dirt bike, and so does Terminator scooters. I found out recently, Roketa now is selling it too. They just change the stickers to a different name but it's the same bike. Got 34 hours on it to date and just rode the snot out of it again yesterday. I weigh almost 200lbs, am 5'9". I rev it hard, pound the crap out of it and it just keeps on ticking. I have given it some major offroad abuse and the zongshen 167fml engine in the hummer still runs better than our 2006 honda atv's. The hondas have a noticeable clunk when shifting but the zongshen is smooooooth. I do however believe in maintenance. Change the oil often. Clean the air cleaner often. Lube your cables! I adjusted the valves on the zongshen yesterday, and checked the spark plug and all is well. Another thing to check often on dirtbikes is the spokes... check them all the time on whatever bike you get. I can't say enough how awesome the hummer is though. I think it's the best china dirt bike made and I have ridden a few. I am looking to dual sport it very soon by adding a headlight/tail light etc. Too bad you can't test ride one, I think you would be impressed. Try to get a deal when you buy yours... get em down to around $1000-$1200 out the door. Good luck with your purchase

Old 10-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick reply,
I am favoring this one.
http://www.xxx-motorsports.com/images/DB-36A-L.jpg
It is a 250cc, cost more than the 200's, but I figure more will always be better as far as power.
let us know how dual sporting it turns out. I should be getting my son's lifan 100 maybe next week, after I get it together I will have to do some serious thinking about what I will get.
The DB 36 looks a lot more heavy duty than most of the dual sport 200's out there. Is that your opinion too? I am about 250lb, is the frame and all as hevy duty as it looks? What about the quality of the plastics, is there a battery and if so, is the battery box prone to fall off like some of the DS bikes?
Thanks in advance for the response.