Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #1

CR85 Rolling Chasis + Lifan 200cc ohc motor....

Hello all! First time poster here @ these forums, just found the site today

I have a 2003 or 2004 Honda CR85 chasis that i bought for a song, and i'm planning on fabbing a 200cc lifan overhead cam motor into it....

If i'm not mistaken, these two motors are identical:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://www.hooperimports.com/product..._id=200ccV%2DH

Your thoughts on these motors and my project idea?

I'd like a bike to race in the cheater class (16" & under rear wheel) and I have a 2nd set of CR85 wheels that i plan on lacing 17" rims onto and doing some supermoto stuff with it. Even flirting with the idea of pushing it through my local DMV and getting it plated if i can....and use quick-disconnect stuff to strip off the DMV stuff for offroad action.

I'd like to see 23-25 horsepower or more from the 200 motor, any suggestions for pistons and cams? I heard a rumor that CRF150 cams and pistons drop in, anyone care to confirm that or dispell the myth?

Old 08-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #2

Wow Mattv I'm no expert but considering a stock 200 motor makes 16 hp roughly I think it's a tall order asking for an extra 10 from it. A two-stoke perhaps but a 4-stroke your loking at a lot of machine work. Isn't a CR85 a two-stroke? Or have they gone to 4? Can you even squeeze the 200 into that space as 2-stokes tend to be small? Sounds like an ambitious project at any rate I hope some others can give more technical advice!

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 08-25-2006, 08:13 PM   #3

a high compression piston and a cam should wake things up, along with a decent carb and an agressive porting job. Modern 250 (stock) motors put down mid to high 30's for horsepower.

CR85 is 2 stroke. I bought a CR85 with a motor that is in-pieces for next to nothing. I'm not interested in a 2-stroke bike, hence the conversion

Can the motor be squeezed in? Hopefully yes, one way or another. Guys have been doing it with CRF150 motors and old honda SL200 motors, the 200cc OHC Lifan should fit. Note the use of the word... 'should'

Old 08-26-2006, 01:44 AM   #4

Maybe you can cut the top tube and bow it for extra clearance and modify the tank....good luck man!

Aaron

2008 Fly-Scooters La Vie
www.scootdawg.proboards59.com

Old 08-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #5

i really don't think i'll need to cut the top tube or modify the tank at all.

I'll have to modify the lower mounts, but i think i can cut/rotate and make the cradle area slightly larger and I can pitch the motor slightly to the front if I need to. The CRF150 motors fit easily, and this 200cc lifan is just a tiny bit taller.

I'll be able to do a test mock-up soon, motor is on the way and the chasis is in my garage.