Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #31

Who did you order it from, and what is the cost? Good luck with it.

Old 02-21-2009, 06:02 PM   #32

Congrats tehspec64, Good luck to you as well!

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 02-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #33

Kman I forsee a V4SW in your future, you know you want one

Nice ATV UD, the Vbikes are really coming along way with the upgrades over the V4S.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:49 AM   #34

Ordered from vbike and being shipped here for 1300! If all goes well I'm looking at an enduro if they get em in :( , I guess they go like hotcakes, on a saturday morning.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehspec64
Ordered from vbike and being shipped here for 1300! If all goes well I'm looking at an enduro if they get em in :( , I guess they go like hotcakes, on a saturday morning.
I hope you enjoy it. So far I have no complaints with either of my purchases from Tim, I think the Wife will soon be talked into a Utility

I sometimes still miss my enduro. I just got street scared and it had to go.
Was not fun for me any longer. 8O

On a side note I did just have my first problem with the Quad.

Not a big deal but a pain to find. 2 second call to Tim and all was clear.

The start button is not exactly secured very well against people like me who believe if it doesnt start imediatly then you just push harder on the starter button :roll: My bad I know, but here are the pics anyway.

No comments from the funny farm on my paintshop labels.

I hope this makes sense, the switch will push in from the outside and will no longer make contact when pushed. I put a little piece of rubber behind it to fill the gap so when I fat finger it there will be no way for it to push in.

Other issue had was the fuel shut off valve. Manual says it is on the right of the tank, I found it under the tank. Not sure what is open reserve (if there is one) or what is closed. I will have to pull the line off the carb and work it I guess. Should the arrow point towards the fuel line output nipple?

Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #36

Looks decent. I have been following this thread and been looking for info on this wheeler so I am glad to see some posting. Anyway that you could get some video of it running and you riding it? At the least could you take a picture with an adult on it so I can get an idea of the size of the unit? Some units are sold as adult but just youth type with bigger tires.

Good luck and keep posting as I will be watching.

Matt

Old 02-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #37

Some times you can use the tire size as a gauge on actual size, but a picture would be cool. I called V Bike and they have a new 300 utility coming in, I will let you know what it looks like, and if I like it I may order one. I won't know anything for a week or so, but he said he will get back to me when info is available.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #38

I have some questions regarding upgrading these. Does a performance style air filter, performance exhaust, NGK spark plug, and rejetting help these like it does the enduro bikes?

If possible, can you shoot some pictures of the airbox/carb area? Anyone know what size carb they use?

My sister and I may want to each buy one, but i've gotta be able to tweak on them, cause I've always got the itch and a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:04 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep
I have some questions regarding upgrading these. Does a performance style air filter, performance exhaust, NGK spark plug, and rejetting help these like it does the enduro bikes?

If possible, can you shoot some pictures of the airbox/carb area? Anyone know what size carb they use?

My sister and I may want to each buy one, but i've gotta be able to tweak on them, cause I've always got the itch and a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket.
Yes.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:01 PM   #40

Need to make a photobucket account fer pics but if you search vbike on youtube you'll find a v4s with an adult riding it the guy has a few posts and I assume the v4sw is same size. gets here thurs and have two days off b4 the weekend shift so I got time to work on it I'll keep everyone one updated.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #41

I believe these are the all the same unit.

http://menintools.com/sunlatv250.html

http://www.atvdiscounter.com/ATVs/Ad...oductInfo.aspx

http://www.sunl.com/productoverviewd...0250cc&pid=309

http://www.kandivehicle.com/newEbiz1...hParent=false#

Matt

Old 02-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #42

Sorry I have not gotten a vid riding yet. Honestly I am just lazy, and a little short on time with the little ones 1 st birthday, but mostly just lazy. :oops:

I am 6'1" 260 and this bike quad fits me perfect. It is bigger than the v4s and wider according to Tim. I have never seen the v4s in person, just the few vids that are on here and u-tube. I know the rear end is narrow as all of them seem to be. My spacers should be here any day to fix that problem.

Why they make them narrow is beyond me, it looks totally ridiculous like that.

To me it seems almost as big as the Honda TRX700 that I was gonna buy.
I am glad now that I didnt buy the Honda yet, as my lack of experience on quads has already shown itself with this 250. 8O
I will get the 700 one day.

The exhaust (again according to Tim) is a perfomance muffler, and I think it is louder than the sunl vid in the link posted by mmprestine.

The manual that came with the quad say Kandi on the front, so I think most of the links mmprestine posted are the same quad. Maybe some slightly different plastic or decals. Mine is much louder than the one in the vid
for http://menintools.com/sunlatv250.html I see no cat or baffle like the one I cut out of my 250 Enduro. I think the carb is the same Jap carb that was on the Enduro as well.

Surprise Surprise here are some more pics..............Carb and airbox

Top of carb..........

If you were sitting on the Quad this is the right side of carb

Bottom of carb.....

Airbox routing looking from rear of Quad...........

Looking down from front towards rear..........

Actual intake opening under rear of seat.......

Hope this helps you daboostcreep...................

Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 AM   #43

Thanks so much for the pictures.

One thing I noticed is the # stamped on the carb "PZ27." So I assume that denotes a 27mm carb. My 200 enduro is a PZ30. I'm thinking swap the carb to a PZ30 with a larger jet, replace the stock airbox corrugated hose with smooth PCV or aluminized exhaust pipe with a good air filter clamped on. There is a video of a guy online that ported the head on his jetmoto quad, but I'm thinking its more work than its worth. If I start pulling heads soon enough i'll have the piston out and the jug bored to be over 300cc's.

Looks like a great setup for the price. I think for $1300 shipped I'm going to pull the trigger soon.

BTW...I'm really itching to see some videos of that bike. Get motivated..haha.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #44

It does hae a different intake then the v4s.The v4s has he cone style air filter.
Universl,may I put in my request for close up pics of the motor?

2007 HI-BIRD 250
2007 Vbike V4S 250

Old 02-25-2009, 08:25 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by kczukiman
It does hae a different intake then the v4s.The v4s has he cone style air filter.
Universl,may I put in my request for close up pics of the motor?
Soon as I get home from work I will. :wink: