Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Off-Topic/General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2022, 08:56 AM   #1

Iron Butt Rally Participation

Y'all know I've been doing a number of Iron Butt Association long distance rides. I'm stepping into a new aspect of IBA participation. In addition to long distance riding, they also do rallies that are a type of geocaching and scavenger hunt.

Saturday is my first of this type of rally. They have given us a list of 145 locations around the SE USA with various points for capturing pictures of the subject at the locations. I have a 10 hour window on Saturday to visit as many as possible to collect as many points as possible. if I'm 15 minutes late, I lose 25% of the points. 30 minutes late I lose 50%. After that, zero. :o

if you happen to be interested and want to tune in, this link will show the tracks of all the riders participating. I'm "Rider 15". you should be able to find my location. it's a live feed with a 5 minute update interval.

sorry....should add.....this rally starts at 7 AM Saturday from Albany GA. I have to be back no later than 5 PM.

wish me luck!

https://new.spotwalla.com/lp/7fe6-25...c/view?p=SNAFU

Last edited by Sport Rider; 11-03-2022 at 10:45 AM.

Old 11-07-2022, 12:37 PM   #2

so, as a rookie, I managed to come in 8th place out of 31 riders. I would have come in 6th, but one of my stops was rejected because I didn't include my motorcycle in the photo per the instructions we were given.

On the plus side, I made honorable mention for getting this photo at one of the locations. it was in Pensacola FL. there was a political rally going on. I just had to ask one of the guys to hold my flag for the photo. LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg location6.jpeg (860.2 KB, 18 views)

Old 11-07-2022, 12:39 PM   #3

This was my route on Saturday:
https://new.spotwalla.com/trip/0da1-b46b8ab-3c65/view

all totaled, I rode 1450 miles from Friday to Sunday. Saturday was 525 going to Pensacola and back.